Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Excellent Books Something different

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Just finished reading The Guesey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.

The story is told, by using the letters the author writes to her publisher and research subjects. its a lightish story telling of the lives of a group of people living in guesey during the ww2 german occupation of the island.

Not a heavy read, is really quite well written, and good as something different!

Sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

That does sound intriguing

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

My neighbor told me about that book. She said it was excellent!

I'm always looking for a good book to read. TFS!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I'll have to look into that…. 🙂

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Well, I know it's already a staple here, but I started reading the Twilight saga. I resisted for as long as I could for a couple of reasons, but my sil made me borrow the book a couple of years ago, and it sat in my garage. It fell on the floor in front of me, so I took it as a sign! I read the first one last week, and just finished New Moon last night. I can't believe how much I like these books! I am going to buy Eclipse today. They really are addicting.
            Dh and I watched Twilight last night, and I didn't like the movie though. It was really cheesy, and now I have to put up with him making fun of me for reading the books!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Does anyone have a favorite book? Mine is A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. I've read it at least four times. I named my son after the main character!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Wow Rae…I've never read a book more than once…that's awesome. Must be a really good book!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Anyone know anything about the Percy Jackson books? I guess they are really good, but not sure what level of reading they are. If they are at a Harry Potter level I would totally read them.

Does anyone have a favorite book? Mine is A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. I've read it at least four times. I named my son after the main character!

Yes, my all-time fave since high school has been Gone with the Wind. I read it every summer during high school and college. I have read it a couple more times since then. But, I have never seen the movie!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Anyone know anything about the Percy Jackson books? I guess they are really good, but not sure what level of reading they are. If they are at a Harry Potter level I would totally read them.

My daughter is trying to get me to read them. I am about 1/3 of the way into the first one, it was a hard read for me because it was written really young, and also seemed like a Harry Potter rip-off. I'll probably try again someday to read them because she liked them so much.

[quote]

Yes, my all-time fave since high school has been Gone with the Wind. I read it every summer during high school and college. I have read it a couple more times since then. But, I have never seen the movie!
                    [/quote]

jan You must see the movie…..it follows the book and is awesome!!!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

[quote]

My daughter is trying to get me to read them. I am about 1/3 of the way into the first one, it was a hard read for me because it was written really young, and also seemed like a Harry Potter rip-off. I'll probably try again someday to read them because she liked them so much.
                      [/quote]

That's what I was wondering… If it was a lot like Harry Potter. I will see if my daughter is interested in them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.