Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week Special Memorial Day Tribute Layout of the week 5-29-11

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

memorial-day.jpgLeslie shared a video that she created about the life of her son Kevin. For those of you who do not know, Kevin was injured in a suicide bombing while serving his country 3 years ago. We would like to honor Kevin and all of those who served to make this country the one it is today. You cannot put a price tag on Freedom. But some have paid the price. Let us pray for Kevin and his comrades, and all of those before him and those that will be. Just in case you miss it in the threads. Here is the video that Leslie created in Kevins honor. Happy Memorial Day to all.If you have created a layout honoring someone for Memorial day, please include it in this thread this weekend and show us. We would love to see it. thank You!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saQh-jRmE6k?rel=0&hd=0&color1=&color2=&cc_load_policy=0

Snagg1
      Send PM

*clapping* I just watched this over in the other thread that Leslie posted, and haven't stopped crying.

There are no words that can adequately express what I am feeling and thank you seems to hollow but that is all that I have. So, with my heart in my hand; thank you to all that serve and to their families as well.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Thank you Kevin, there are no words to express how I feel so I will just say thank you. Leslie, your tribute to Kevin is beautiful and something I wish the whole world would see so that the sacrifices made by your son and some of his comrades would be more appreciated. God bless you Kevin and Leslie.

I think the title of this layout that I did last week to honor my father says it well, The world knows little about its greatest heros.

With this layout, I wanted to pay tribute to my favorite veteran who served in WW II, Korea, and Vietnam, 28 years in all, my Dad, my hero. I am so fortuante that my Dad came home from all the wars. So many did not. My husband hardly remembers his Dad as he was just 4 years old when his Dad was killed in Korea. His Dad was a pilot and his plane went down, not from enemy fire, most likely due to ice on the wings. My husband served 24 years in the Navy. so yeah, I am all about waving the flag and shouting for the red, white and blue.

Korea7_1.jpg

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

oh my gosh. Kevin's tee shirt – Freedom Isn't free. I paid for it – how powerful. Thanks for selecting this for all of us to see. What an emotional rollerocaster for that family and so many unsung heros.

So young and strong, placing himself in harms way without a second thought. In a wicked wicked moment lives are changed in unspeakable ways for so many families. This reality is played out daily around the world.

Thanks to heros like Maggi's dad, Kevin, all the other service men in women through the years that have served (my husband – Vietnam vet).

And to Leslie, you are so very strong and amazing and inspirational. You are a gorgeous, beautiful lady, mother, caregiver and a warrior yourself of a different nature. Prayers for you this day as well. It's amazing dedicated parents like you that bring some sanity, hope and comfort to the craziness that is in the world meaning to do harm.

Kevin's progress looks unbelievable – continued success and healing. Kevin and Leslie are heros.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

A huge and heartfelt Thank You to Kevin and Leslie and to all of the other Kevins and Leslies who have so courageously sacrificed so much for all of us now and during the past 236 years.

And Leslie, thank you so very, very much for this amazing tribute to your awesome son!!! You and he are in my thoughts and prayers today and every day. {{{HUGS}}}

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

What a wonderful tribute to your son.
            I salute Kevin and all the other men and women who are are putting themselves in harms way so we might have the glorious country we have.

Leslie I salute you for your bravery, strength and love

Thank you to all who serve, so we can live free!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Leslie, you are amazing, and so is Kevin. Thanks for sharing your life with us! Hugs to you both!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh, I absolutely speechless!

((HUGS))

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Thank you Kevin, there are no words to express how I feel so I will just say thank you. Leslie, your tribute to Kevin is beautiful and something I wish the whole world would see so that the sacrifices made by your son and some of his comrades would be more appreciated. God bless you Kevin and Leslie.

I think the title of this layout that I did last week to honor my father says it well, The world knows little about its greatest heros.

With this layout, I wanted to pay tribute to my favorite veteran who served in WW II, Korea, and Vietnam, 28 years in all, my Dad, my hero. I am so fortuante that my Dad came home from all the wars. So many did not. My husband hardly remembers his Dad as he was just 4 years old when his Dad was killed in Korea. His Dad was a pilot and his plane went down, not from enemy fire, most likely due to ice on the wings. My husband served 24 years in the Navy. so yeah, I am all about waving the flag and shouting for the red, white and blue.

Korea7_1.jpg

Maggi-this is amazing!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

What a powerful video, thank you ,Lisa. I kept thinking how much faith and sheer will must this young soldier and his family have to pull through. The last few scenes were phenomenal.

Wow Maggie, beautiful tribute!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

speechless..

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Thank you everyone. I posted a response in the other thread in Just Stuff. If I were thinking I woulda copied and pasted…but alas…who can think at nearly 4am…

Maggi – awesome layout!!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Thank you, Kevin. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.