Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Splatter or Drip With Me

This topic contains 224 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Soooo… I have been reading in some of the threads that we seem to have a huge population of crafters here who are a little bit afraid of paint and mists, so I decided that it was time for a challenge.

Using the Oct. Belle Chanson Kit create a project of any kind, SPLATTERING, FLICKING, or DRIPPING a bit of paint on it. It doesn't matter what kind of paint, whether a mist, or acrylic, paint pot, or whatever – just do it. 🙂 )

Please share your project here, entering as many projects as you wish.

Challenge End Date 11/15

Once the challenged is closed I will pick a random winner. The winner will receive a RAK from me! (hint: it might include some paint)

I hope you will play along!!

Here is my example:

[img:width=600&height=595]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1349731960_970_FT0_cuteface.jpg[/img]

Woohoo!!! ;D I am up for this!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Great challenge!

Sounds messy and fun!!! ;D

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

WoW, Might have to give this a try, sounds like fun!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Great challenge Heidi and such a pretty example!

Great challenge – but I am one of those members who is afraid of paint. I've tried it a couple of times and I have never been happy with the results. Guess I will have to try again.

Oh my goodness! I love your lo! The texture and splatters look awesome!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Yay! Play along, play along! Manda, girl – you got this. Maria, for a very simple splatter to start with, use a spray mist bottle, in a paler color. Take the cap off and gently flick the tube part of the nozzle. This will give you a very subtle effect. I totally have faith in you ladies!! It can be so much fun!

Snagg1
                Send PM

LOVE this!! Heidi, you rock girlfriend.

Love this challenge!!!!! Your layout blows me away Heidi!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Heidi, what they all said about that layout, it's amazing!!!!

And I'm loving this challenge!!!!

I'm one of those who are little bit afraid…and the reason why is when everyone else does the drips and splats it looks cool but when I tried it it looked like I accidently made a mess and didn't clean it up.
                  Heidi love your example…maybe I'll be brave…

Awesome! Perfect way to practice and experiment!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Jeannie, there are ways to control the splats to a certain extent. One way is to use a medicine dropper. The more distance you have between the paper and the dropper, the more of a splat it will make, if that makes sense. And, if you dip a paint brush in the medium you are trying to splat, you can just flick the brush or pull it back. Be brave- you can do it! And, it will look awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.