Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 01/20/2014 Die cutting machines

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Which do you prefer: Manual or Electronic cutting machine? Which one (s) do you have? Do you recommend it?

I have the Pazles Inspiration (electronic) as well as the Cuttlebug & Grang Calibur (manual) and I love them all!
    I use the Pazzles to design my own titles, papers, etc and I love the fact that i can get any clipart, cut it, and use it on my layout.
    The cuttlebug is the first one I got and I still use it almost everyday. I have a bunch of Spellbinder dies that i love to use with the cuttlebug because I love that i can see the die and paper since the plates are clear.
    The grand calibur, is ok. I use it mostly for embossing and not cutting because it always moves and messes up my cut. I purchased this one on a whim and I kind of regret it, although I do use it often as well

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I had a Cricut, and I didn't really love it. I bought carts that has intricate designs, but the damn machine couldn't cut them! I tried everything to make it work. I really only used it for cutting circles and rings, so I sold it, and bought a Cameo. I really love that. I don't use it as often as I should, but it cuts perfectly!

I did have an Epic Six, but I broke it. I upgraded to the Vagabond, and I couldn't be happier! I use it for nearly every project. I love thin dies. I have many Memory Box ones. I like that when I am planning a project, I can use the die itself for sizing by placing it on a layout.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I have a Cricut, it makes perfect cuts! (knocking on wood) I have had it for many years and have only changed the blade once. If it ever does konk out I will probably replace it with a cameo…I hope it doesn't hear me!!! Also have a cuddlebug, only one die! The Pazels sounds cool, going to check it out, would love to be able to make titles!

I have the original version of the Cricut, and a drawer full of carts, that doesn't get used because every time I try to figure out how to size something for a page I screw it up! Now the Cuttlebug, on the other hand, gets used all the time! I have the first edition of it and that puppy is still going strong! The only thing I like better about gen 2 is that the handle now tucks away during storage. I'm with Rae in that it's easy to create using the die as an element on your page before cutting anything out, which is likely why the Cricut frustrates me.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I have the Cameo and Vagabond love them both!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I have the Cricut that I love, use it all the time. I also have a big shot that I use often two but don't have a lot of dies yet.

I've never heard of a Pazles or the Grand Calibur, I'll have to check those out.

I only have the cuttlebug and LOVE it!!!

I have the Cameo and Vagabond love them both!!

Same here. Had the Cricut, but it doesn't cut nearly as well.

I have the Cricut that I love, use it all the time. I also have a big shot that I use often two but don't have a lot of dies yet.

I've never heard of a Pazles or the Grand Calibur, I'll have to check those out.

Steph, the Grand calibur is just like the cuttlebug but a bit bigger an it's by Spellbinders. It has great pressure, which is why I love it for embossing but I dislike that the plates are pink and white and not clear so you can never see if the paper is still on the die.

The Pazzles is one of the first electronic machines and it used to be used commercially til they released it to the public a few years back. I had the original version which was smaller but it broke on me and I replaced it with the bigger version that cuts 12×12 about 3 yrs ago. I've never replaced the blades on it! 🙂

Snagg1
              Send PM

I too have a cricut bug(aww..) and the big ass cricut expression with a gazillion carts that I had to have. I have the whatchamcallit that holds the carts..oh, the jukebox..never use that. My cuttlebug sits nicely on my scrapdesk and gets used all the time,though I admit I never used Rae's trick of using the die to estimate placement..now,i will !lol

Snagg1
                Send PM

I had the Cricut Expression but sold it and now I am happy with the Vagabond.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Let's see .. I still have a Cricut Expression and a bazillion carts but never use it much. Replaced it with a Cameo that I just got at Christmas but I'm afraid that won't get used much either! I had a Vagabond and jammed it … but I loved it while I had it. At the time Sizzix wouldn' t give me a replacement, so I bought a BigKick for my dies. Works great and I use it pretty regularly.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I had a cricut (small one) and a cuttlebug. Sold them both to buy me the Vagabond and LOVE it.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Yeah, I only have a Big Shot.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.