Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 10-3-11 What is your scrappy dream?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Tell us what your Scrappy Dream is…

My scrappy dream would be to build a Large Cabin the the mountains of North Caroline (but not far from civilization) Kind of like the one in Baily, but larger. And a studio on the ground floor so we wouldn't have to haul all of that stuff up on a conveyer. I would live adjacent to the cabin in a cabin of my own. Gabby would be the Chef to cook all meals and I would be able to teach classes no matter what group rented the cabin. I would also have guest designers come up to teach as well. Now wouldn't that be wonderful. Camp all year round!!!. So everyone would have a chance to go, no matter what time of year they would like!!

Hey, I'm working on it sisters!!

Oh, and it would look something like this…

And the house would smell like cookies, cause Gabbie would make gourmet cookie trays!!!!

[img:width=465&height=700]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317740907_55_FT121877_179633466_vm5cm2e6_c.jpg[/img]
    [img:width=554&height=415]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317740907_55_FT121877_238386517_qpzyar49_c.jpg[/img]

I love AUTUMN so much that I had to do a layout in the colors..They are my favorite colors and one of my favorite themes to work with..ssshhhh, this shouldn't be posted until tomorrow cause it is my Heartfelt Creations reveal. But I am working tomorrow…And it is tomorrow in Australia!! right???

Happy Autumn everyone…

[img:width=600&height=599]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317741471_55_FT121877_autumn_beauty_sm_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=903]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317741471_55_FT121877_dsc_4618_.jpg[/img]

My scrappy dream is part of my hubby's dream…. owning a lakeside resort with a separate facility exclusively for crafty retreats (my dad has already drafted up some preliminary plans for my facility), boat rentals, a remote control airplane strip that doubles as a grass landing strip for full size airplanes, a gourmet restaurant with a range from comfort foods to fancy stuff, hiking trails, fishing at the fully-stocked lake….. Did I mention that we'd have to win the lottery to do this?

My favorite part is definitely the craft retreat area…. my plans involve vaulted ceilings, skylights, large windows all around, natural light bulbs in the fixtures, comfy chairs that swivel at each station, a strip of outlets running down the middle of each setion to allow for anyone to plug in multiple items, each station would have its own drawers and storage area, counters running undeeath the windows with cutting machines and various tools for community use and designated cup holders at each place. When you walk in to the building the entry area would have a large fireplace at one end with a big grouping of comfy chairs and couches to sit and relax, and there would be a kitchen and dining area for either DIY snacking or orders brought from the restaurant.

Not that I've put a lot of thought into this or anything…….. ;)
    Monica

Snagg1
      Send PM

Gorgeous Lis! You all know my dream from another SQTW. I want a srcappy resort village.

Lisa, I think you have a better shot of getting yours to come true. LOL

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Both dreams sound good to me

Quote:
        Gorgeous Lis! You all know my dream from another SQTW. I want a srcappy resort village.

Lisa, I think you have a better shot of getting yours to come true. LOL
        [/quote1317758342

OH NO…There was another question like this?? I should have looked back as I dont remember that one. I just noticed a question had not been posted in a couple of weeks and thought I should just fill in…Sorry…

Gathering Ideas…

http://www.scrapretreathouse.com/

My scrappy dream is to have a home built from the ground up with a couple of acres of land. I would have Candice Olson , from HGTV's Divine Designs, come in and do all the decorating. My craft room would be in the entire basement that would stretch the entire length and with of the house. The room would be divide in to station. A place for stamping, painting, die cutting and etc. My craftroom would be equiped with every tool on the market (cricuts, MS punches, and etc) and there would be large enough for 30+ people to scrap and sleep. My room would also be equipped with a wet bar.

I love AUTUMN so much that I had to do a layout in the colors..They are my favorite colors and one of my favorite themes to work with..ssshhhh, this shouldn't be posted until tomorrow cause it is my Heartfelt Creations reveal. But I am working tomorrow…And it is tomorrow in Australia!! right???

Happy Autumn everyone…

[url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317741471_55_FT121877_autumn_beauty_sm.jpg][img:width=600&height=599]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317741471_55_FT121877_autumn_beauty_sm_.jpg[/img][/url]

[url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317741471_55_FT121877_dsc_4618.jpg][img:width=600&height=903]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317741471_55_FT121877_dsc_4618_.jpg[/img][/url]

Lisa, this is beautiful.

Beautiful picture and layout. You hit on what I miss most about Wisconsin besides my family…fall! It was my favorite season!

Where are you living ow Jackie?? No fall for you either???

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

My scrappy dream would be to spend a month in Arizona at Tim and Mario's house – with them there of course….oh and also to have Mario's two boys wait on me hand and foot!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see….I would love to attend all your classes!!! Mine would be to be on about 500 acres with an old log cabin about 4000 sq. feet with practically np walls. Just a big space with different areas and it would have to have a big huge fireplace with a crackling fire. Top of the line kitchen with it's own chef!!! There would be a station for each technique you would use and each station would be equipped with every choice there is.
          There would be just a huge retreat going on all the time with a top designer every 2 weeks…year round!!
          Of coarse I would have to have a ba outside with my horses and I would like the property to have fire roads all through it so I could hitch my horse up to the buggy and take friends along to enjoy the land. It would have to have a greenhouse also with year round fresh vegis and fruit, grown the natural way. It would have to be in a state where all 4 seasons occur.

Ok I am back to reality…dang! Back to my 10×10 space….(which I am lucky to have!!!)

I share your dream Kathy!!!! lol
          PLUS…. I would so badly want to meet all of you, but if that is possible in the next 30 years???? I don't know!!!!

Lisa…. wow girl…. Love that page and those beautiful flowers!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.