Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 10/10/16-It's beginning to look

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    msjan1
    msjan1
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

a lot like Christmas. Ok, maybe not. I just got back from a Christmas in October crop where I actually made Christmas cards and started a Christmas themed wine bottle.

What about you? Have you started any Christmas projects yet? If so, what? Share!

Do you have plans for some Christmas cards or other projects? What are they?

Bec
      Bec
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

For some reason I’ve never liked Christmas scrapping or card making. I think its because I don’t love the Christmas collections that come out.

So no Christmasy projects on my to do list. I might make some cards closer to the time. Although this December I wont be scrapping at all.

I even threw out our xmas tree last year thinking I’d buy a nice new one this year, now that might not happen and we’ll end up with no decorations at all ?
        I might be turing into a Christmas grinch lol.

I can’t wait to see what everyone else makes though ❤

Peggy
        Peggy
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

LOL, Bec. This year, you have an excuse, you’re busy enough already.

Well, I have actually thought about starting my cards. I mean I think “I should get started” when I’m at work or shopping and then it totally goes out of my head.
          So, thanks, Jan, I’ve just taken my supplies out and put them where I cannot help but see them. Maybe I’ll get started sometime within the next few days.

I make enough cards to send out to everyone on my list and tags for all my gifts. (By the way, are we doing the annual card exchange?)
          Because I do that many, I work assembly line style, keeping the designs simple enough to put together easily.
          Any homemade gifts consist of cookies, fudge and (if I have the energy) caramels. I just make large batches and divide them up.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

msjan1
          msjan1
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Sounds like you have a lot planned, Peggy!

I kept thinking I would settle on a card design at this crop and then whip out a bunch. I was never happy with any of them. So, I made seven cards the whole time I was there. BUT, I did find out there is an AMAZING scrap store about 35 minutes from me, owned by an Amish woman. OMG, so many goodies!!! Lots of Heartfelt Creations dies and stamps. We went there the second day of the crop and I spent $150. She special ordered a set of Heartfelt Creations die/stamps. I can not wait to go back.

Bec, you better be taking lots of pictures in December!!!

Hey, Kim, Christmas card exchange? Should we start a thread now?

droopidog
            droopidog
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Hey, no Christmas talk!! I’m not ready, right now I have the bah humbugs!!

Kim
              My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

anniescraps
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I’m with you Kim…so not ready for Christmas. Haven’t even gotten thru Halloween yet.

I don’t have anything in the works for Christmas, but a few friends of mine are having a get together on the 30th to make a Halloween board book. It will be free style, but we all use the same paper (Graphic 45 – Halloween’ in Wonderland) Really looking forward to that.

As for Christmas, I bake…A LOT!! I mean I actually have a cookie assembly line. I have slimmed it down over the past few years (I used to bake upwards of 11-12 different kinds) now I’m at around 6-8.

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Oh my, Anne, I do not have the patience to bake that much! After the second batch comes out of the oven I’m done.

The board book sounds fun. You’ll have to share with us when you are done.

GinnyH
                  GinnyH
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I agree Jan, I couldn’t bake that much either!

I haven’t started or planned anything for Christmas yet! Its Halloween first! I wanted to make some things for that but time is running away with me!

ginny 🙂

Peggy
                    Peggy
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Ann, I love that board book idea!!!

When I was a lot younger(!) I used to bake tons of cookies for Christmas to give as gifts. I love baking, so it was actually a pleasure.
                      But I was a SAHM then, so I had plenty of time, not to mention energy.

Right now, I don’t have the bah humbugs as much as the WHAT???? ALREADY?????s.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.