Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 10/15/2012 – Scrap Budget?

This topic contains 46 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Last week we chatted about addictions and WHAT you spend on. So this week I am asking if you have a monthly scrappy budget and HOW MUCH you limit your spending on your hobby? Honestly I bought sooooo much in 2010 – I mean ridiculous spending that I am pretty much STILL limiting myself to a bit of add-on to DT work. My stash is stocked – tons of flowers and chipboard and way too much paper. I still hit the Black Friday sales though, LOL!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Budget??? BWAHAHAHA!!!!!

I just try to not go overboard…esp since scrapping isn't my only spending vice!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I'm with Kim……at least until hubby puts the breaks on!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

But scrapping is my only vice. I gave up clothes and shoes when I retired

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I don't have any other vice either. I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl, and I own about six pair of shoes, including flip flops. I am too lazy to spend time or money on hair, so that's not an issue with me. I don't have a budget. I try to spend like an idiot. Now, I will only buy things that I have on a list of things I want. No impulse buying right now. I have way toooooo much crap. Honestly, I could probably make well over 500 quality layouts/ projects without buying anything except for adhesive. It's kind of ridiculous.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

That's when my budget kicks in too. However, it doesn't last long.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

My budget is 100.00 a month. Wish I could spend more.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Budget….isn't that a 4 letter word???? LOL

Seriously, I don't really have a budget per se. I do know that I don't spend nearly as much as I used to. I've gotten alot more picky and choosey about what I buy asking myself if it's something I really intend to use vs. what I think I might like to have to be able to use…someday…LOL

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I don't have a budget, especially right now, I'm way to broke to be buying lots of scrappy stuff and like everyone else I have so much stuff I could do tons of layouts and still have left overs.

Yup, I'm with Patti. No budget here. There are times that I know I spend to much for wants. And because I have always worked in one way or the other, my husband never had to restrict me to a budget as well as me never having to restrict him from his wants either. We have always been good that way. My $25.00 die vs his $1200 a piece for car rims, or my $3500 camera verses his $150.00 point and shoot…Nope no problem there!! lol..We have always been VERY good about staying within our means. I do admit to spending more than I should at times. And I have been VERY good this year about being selective when buying what I want. Sometimes the paper addiction hits if I see a new paper pack. But then again it has to be over the top gorgeous for me to get it. Like I just did last week when I found the K and Company Susan Winget Floral collection…sigh….
                  Seriously, last month I spent 160.00, the month before only 20.00. That doesn't include my add ons from here. oops, I forgot I ordered a bunch of the paints from the special order thread..add on another 50.00…my bad…But really?? I have gotten soooo much better.

[quote]

[/quote]

Oh, I see you all have the same budget I do. But, he tells me I need to spend less, I nod, and then go buy what I want, as long as we stay within our means and there are no bills I can't pay because I spent to much money on scrapbook stuff, I don't see a problem.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

[quote]
                    [quote]

[/quote]

Oh, I see you all have the same budget I do. But, he tells me I need to spend less, I nod, and then go buy what I want, as long as we stay within our means and there are no bills I can't pay because I spent to much money on scrapbook stuff, I don't see a problem.
                    [/quote]
                    This exactly. Plus momma works hard, so she should get to play hard.

I have actually calmed down a bit…need to use what I have. And like everybody I could spend 5 years in my room and still not use all the paper. I bought a lot of paper when I first started and look at it and think…what was I thinking!!!! But I use it in my classes I teach to get rid of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.