Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 10/29/2012 – Adhesives

This topic contains 40 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Well, it's no secret that I love Helmar products (especially the Premium Craft glue for paper and 450 quick dry for everything else). So I am curious, what is your favorite adhesive? Any particular reason you choose that brand?

I like Glossy Accents. I use it all the time for lots of stuff, not just adhesive. I have no particular reason, it just works!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Art Glitter (Dries Clear) is my favourite, but I can only get it from a couple of outlets here in the UK.

WEll as much as i use hot glue…. LOL, cause i am so impatient! I would say my fave adhesive is either Aleene's tacky glue clear, or E6000.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I use Beacon's 3 in1, E6000, Aleene's Tacky Glue and Glossy Accents, hot glue whatever my hand reaches for first

Oh good lord. I have as much adhesive as I do pp…LOL…well, not that much, but alot all for different things.

1. I use the ATG for paper to paper.
        2. Scor-tape for paper to chipboard on the edges.
        3. PPA for paper to chipboard in the center spread out with a brayer.
        4. I either use Glossy Accents, Scotch Quick dry or Multi-medium Matte for alot of my embellishments especially the metal ones.
        5. The hot glue gun if I need something to dry immediately, but really hate the strings so I try to make it work with one of the above.
        6. The Xyron X for ribbon and small letters.

I've never tried the Helmars 450, but from what I've seen from some of the youtube videos, it looks alot like the Zipdry, which I really don't like. It clogs up all the time and has strings which drive me crazy. It looks like it gets the job done and holds really well, but I just can't stand all the strings.

Scotch ATG for paper to paper
        Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive for hand made paper flowers
        Inkssentials Collage Glue Stick
        Hot Glue

Snagg1
          Send PM

I used helmar 450 and I LOVE IT. Will be buying more.

Wow – diverse group on the subject. I like glossy accents but so pricey (ladies seriously try to Helmar 450 instead for the loaded projects with heavy stuff).

Snagg1
            Send PM

Maybe Helmar 450 needs to be in a kit. HINT Hint.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I like my sookwang double sided tape and Fabri-tac. Glossy accents is great but can be expensive. I'll have to check out some stores for the Helmars, I'm not sure who would carry it up here.

I like my sookwang double sided tape and Fabri-tac. Glossy accents is great but can be expensive. I'll have to check out some stores for the Helmars, I'm not sure who would carry it up here.

Here are all the retailers http://helmarusa.typepad.com/blog/helmar-preferred-retailers.html but Steph for you specifically in Canada…

[img:width=332&height=268]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1351550779_1015_FT181352_screen_shot_2012-10-29_at_4.36.59_pm.png[/img]

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh good lord. I have as much adhesive as I do pp…LOL…well, not that much, but alot all for different things.

1. I use the ATG for paper to paper.
                2. Scor-tape for paper to chipboard on the edges.
                3. PPA for paper to chipboard in the center spread out with a brayer.
                4. I either use Glossy Accents, Scotch Quick dry or Multi-medium Matte for alot of my embellishments especially the metal ones.
                5. The hot glue gun if I need something to dry immediately, but really hate the strings so I try to make it work with one of the above.
                6. The Xyron X for ribbon and small letters.

Patti – you and I must be cut from the same cloth GF cuz I got nothin' left to say. This right here is me y'all!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

[quote]

Here are all the retailers http://helmarusa.typepad.com/blog/helmar-preferred-retailers.html but Steph for you specifically in Canada…

[img:width=332&height=268]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1351550779_1015_FT181352_screen_shot_2012-10-29_at_4.36.59_pm.png[/img]
                  [/quote]

Thanks Vicky, I guess I'll have to wait until I go to the mainland & check out the store in Surrey.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

StephD I just bought some sookwang tape a couple of weeks ago and I am liking it. Never heard of it until then. I also use FabriTac on paper projects–I've never tried it on fabric though. I like it because it dries fast and holds like crazy! I love gel medium and E6000 for heavy stuff and I use PVA on alot of things too. I currently have Tombow taperunners but I've used many kinds.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.