Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW – 11-14-10

This topic contains 29 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

On average, how many times do you visit your local scrap store a month?

What do you ususally buy when you?

Do you still empty your wallet like you did before you got the kits?

Snagg1
        Send PM

Probably 2x per month. I do still drop cash when I'm there but it is on completely different stuff than it used to be. Because of all of the goodies in my kits, now I can take a look at tools and mixed media stuff.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I usually go once a week. There is a store very close to where I work so if I get off a bit early or need a real lunch break then it is easy to stop in. I will say that there have been several times that I have walked out without buying though which is nice.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I go a couple times a month mainly to pick up adhesives, and to check out if they got any new prima in, which they never do! I also look for the papers that are in the kit so I can have extras just in case! Have had a few mishaps in the past, so I'm glad I had some spares!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I go to the lss that I teach at about once a week. It's usually to pick up stuff for classes, or peruse for possible projects. I rarely buy anything with my debit card, because I have store credit from teaching most of the time, which is really nice!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Rae, do they have any classes on Wed or Thur?? I really NEED to get out and do something! Those are the only days I could go, or do they need someone to teach on those days??

I don't have a LSS anymore. When I did I was there 4-5 times a week just to get out of the house. It was like going to Cheers where eveyone knew your name… Didn't always spend$$$$$

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

There is a card class on the last Wednesday every month. I have never been because I don't really like to do cards, but it's a good deal: 4 designs, two of each for $25. They used to have more layout classes during the week, but I don't know why they don't any more. Here's the calendar:
                  http://scrappy-do.com/NovCalendar.html

Robin, we should get together on one of your days off in the evening. We could even meet at the lss and scrap there!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I don't do cards much either. Maybe I will go talk to them, show them some of my stuff, and see if they like it and maybe would let me try to get something going for the middle of the week. I have never really taught before, but how hard could it be???

I would love to get together with you and scrap!!! How late is the store open? Because I know that when I scrap, it can take a while!! lol! Then there's the talking, and the going to look for something to BUY to use, and so on!!!

Probably 2x per month. I do still drop cash when I'm there but it is on completely different stuff than it used to be. Because of all of the goodies in my kits, now I can take a look at tools and mixed media stuff.

That's pretty much what I do..tho I go maybe 3-4 x month. I get to spend my money more on paints, tools..etc. Cause all the stuff with the kit last me a long time!! Gotta love Swirlydoos!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I don't do cards much either. Maybe I will go talk to them, show them some of my stuff, and see if they like it and maybe would let me try to get something going for the middle of the week. I have never really taught before, but how hard could it be???

I would love to get together with you and scrap!!! How late is the store open? Because I know that when I scrap, it can take a while!! lol! Then there's the talking, and the going to look for something to BUY to use, and so on!!!

Teaching isn't hard. There are some people who take classes who are a little whiny because they don't like to do anything new in case they screw it up. I did a project a couple of weeks ago with Mod Podge, and I had to do a lot of convincing to get them to do it! The down side to teaching layouts, is you have to do two-pagers! But, I think a technique class would be cool during the week! Especially your awesome wet distressing!

Anyway, they close at 7:00, so that's pretty early. It would be cool to have you over, but I can't get anything done until 8:00- too much to do with the munchkins before then!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

No LSS for me, just a very crappy Michaels which I visit weekly to use my coupon on staples. But now I don't need any staples so I'm not visiting Michaels anymore any time soon! There is an Archivers 50 miles from me and I go there every month or so. Right now I have so much stuff from SDs that I don't need to go anywhere else so here I am!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I'm addicted to the flowers and the Dusty Attic embellishments….Just now subscribed to the club so I'm sure there will be lots of other addictions to come. Oh and I visit the store several times a week…it's a little pitiful, LOL

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

I don't go to my LSS that often. They have a wonderful pp assortment, lots of ribbon and trim by the yard, a bowl of loose buttons and stamps and dies and dies and stamps!!!! Also a really good supply of Ranger and TA and TSS metal. So, if I need any of those, I'll head over there, but Krissy keeps me so well supplied that I can keep those trips to a minimum and avoid all of the impulse buying and the investing in the future.

I don't visit the LSS anymore, can't find anything there that I can't get online at a better price. I still hit Hobby Lobby or Joann's a couple times a month depending on the sales or coupons of the week.

Krissy has done an amazing job of keeping me stocked 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.