Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 11/25/13 magazine subscription

This topic contains 31 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Do you subscribe to paper magazines?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I use to. But you can find so much better stuff on the inteet. Before it was like take magazines with you everywhere. Now there's smart phones.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I used to as well., but now I get everything on my iPad.

I just find everything online as well although I love to look through the magazines in stores. I'll do that for hours! 🙂

I buy some British card magazines from Joann's if the cover art appeals and looks like something I'd make. I no longer subscribe to anything, however, since what I used to subscribe to has all gone digital. I'm all for technology, but after being on the PC all day @ work the last thing I want to do is curl up with the laptop to read. I don't own a tablet as of yet, and it wouldn't be worth trying to see it on the smartphone. I really don't like that so many of the print magazines are going to digi-only.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I don't subscribe to any!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I remember when I first started scrapbooking I subscribed to every magazine out there. My biggest dream was to get published…lol! Although I never submitted anything…weird, I know!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I LOVE magazines. I used to subscribe to a couple, but they went out of business. And, although I have converted to reading books on the Kindle, I HATE online magazines- they aren't sized properly, so I have to use the arrow keys to see everything, and most of them are fuzzy when you zoom in. I'd love a physical magazine that has elegant layouts!

I'm with Rae. I hate online mags on the Kindle.
                There is something about the glossy pages and well laid out page format to be found in the real paper hold in your hand magazines.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I use to but now I'm like Angelica, I can find better stuff on the web.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Ditto with the online mags; they don't even show up all that well on my monitor. This isn't my major problem with them, though. There is something about holding real paper and being able to mark and notate the pages…

I did subscribe to several mags when I started scrapping, but I let them lapse because I found I was getting most of my inspiration online: first at SBC and now here at Swirlydoos and on various You Tube channels.

Snagg1
                      Send PM

I subscribe to three paper magazines. I'll do the online version if I'm traveling but otherwise I love the pretty, shiny pages and there's nothing like that fresh ink smell when you first crack one open.

In 1997, when I first started scrapping, I subscribed to 4 magazines and I loved each and every one of them! Then, one by one they each went out of business, except for one of them. I finally let it lapse when it tued into more of a brochure instead of a magazine! I miss having one to leaf through and dog ear the coers! Now I get inspiration from Swirlydoos and SB.C

I still subscribe to any that are left, but all the good ones are from outside the US. Craft Stamper from England is my favorite. I don't like online magazines because you can't cut out and keep things you like. Printer ink is too expensive to print them all.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I subscribe to three paper magazines. I'll do the online version if I'm traveling but otherwise I love the pretty, shiny pages and there's nothing like that fresh ink smell when you first crack one open.

Which ones to you subscribe to, Patti?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.