Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 11th April – Inspiration

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by talkis talkis 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bec
    Bec
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Where do you go to find scrapbooking inspiration????

Is it Facebook, You Tube, Pinterest, Blogs, Instagram, Scrapbook.com Gallery…..??

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by droopidog droopidog.
      Bec
      Bec
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

My favorite place to look for inspiration is Pinterest, I have a folder for scrapbook inspiration where I pin every gorgeous layout I come across.
        I also like looking up off the page inspiration, and photos/colour combos/sketches which also inspire me.

Coming in a close second is you tube, I love watching others create and I get to watch new techniques I want to try.

I’ve never joined Instagram so I starting to wonder if I should join, although at the same time I do only have a limited amound to time to spend online everyday and I don’t know if I can fit anything new in.

RAE
        RAE
        Swirly Moderator
          Send PM

I like Pinterest for inspiration- I have a lot of sketches pinned. When I first started using Pinterest, I would pin every scrapbook project I liked, but there were so many on there that I’ll never look at them! I do enjoy looking at digital layouts to see how I could incorporate design elements from those types of pages. πŸ™‚

And, for the record, I have never seen anything scrappy that was on Instagram and not everywhere else. πŸ™‚

droopidog
          droopidog
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I’m a Pinterest junkie too. I have a regular scrappy board and a craft board.

I still do some blog surfing too. I just love looking a pretty projects.

Kim
            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

You guys! Seriously, I’ve learned most of what I do from Swirlydoos.

I keep on pinning to Pinterest and then I keep on forgetting about it, lol.

I do like You Tube; I follow Sdoos and various designers and I pick up so many hints and tips there.

Oh, and Facebook, where I guess I do most of my gazing.

The thing is, I often do things based on something that I’ve seen and it’s more subliminal, does that make sense?

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

StephD
              StephD
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I’m like Peggy, I get so much inspiration from everyone at Swirlydoos. I’m always checking out things from Pinterest. The trouble is I go on to just see a couple of things and that big dark hole that is Pinterest sucks me in for hours, lol!

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

lol! Yes, Steph, Pinterest can suck you in!

I, too, like Pinterest for sketch ideas more than anything. I really don’t pin layouts because I’m always afraid I’ll lift something unintentionally and tick someone off. Seriously! I love to see everyone’s creations on FB. I don’t really look at scrapbook.com. Never have checked Instagram. Sometimes I’ll watch a video to try to figure out how someone did a particular technique. Like the rest of you, I’ve learned/been inspired by Sdoos.

Merrihew
                  Merrihew
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Most of my inspiration comes from right here at Swirlydoos. I’ve never gotten on Pinterest because, I know it would just suck me in and I would never get off the computer.

Bec
                    Bec
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Yes once pinterest has you it’s very hard to walk away!!!! I also love having a giggle at some of the funnies on pinterest. Quite often I’ll just suddenly laugh out loud and the hubby will give me a funny look πŸ˜€

I know what you mean Jan about accidentally lifting ideas, I try never to look at others layouts when I’m in the process of creating, but I do take away bit’s of layouts I love to try to incorporate it into what I’m making.
                      If I’m stuck for ideas for a layout I’ll always go to sketches to get me started

talkis
                      talkis
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

For me it s facebook and pinterest too. Love this way.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.