Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 12/10/12 Creative Juices…

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Do you all have a way that you scrap? I mean, how do you set the stage for your crafting? Do you run into your space whenever you have a moment? Or do you set music on, grab a glass of wine, tu on the tv, set aside an hour after kids go to bed?

I USED to be a scrap after the kiddos went to bed, kind of girl… I did the whole music on, glass of wine, and often had a skype conference with some crafty friends since I don't live close enough to anyone to go crop with them. I NEVER started another project while one was unfinished, and I ALWAYS put everything away after. Every. Time.

But after my last two boys? Nope. Now I am a craft when I can, projects half done everywhere, supplies all over the place, left all over the place, and if I get 5 minutes I run into the room (which is now a nursery/scrap space) and do a little something, lol.

I craft after the kids go to bed and on Sundays. I always have 3-5 projects on the go at once and dabble on each until I have it the ways I want. For SD kits, I divide the kit into 3, create for reveal day and then create more with the left-overs.

I have no kids, so I can craft in the evenings and on the weekend (provided we haven othing else going on). I usually have a minimum of 2-3 projects going, as I bounce from one to the other depending on mood and frustration level with a project. I usually have the TV going, as my room is also the family room and has the TV as well. Sometimes I just sit there and watch shows if I've had a fry-my-brain-at-work day.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

No kids, but I do have a job, so my scrappy time is sorta around my schedule. I do toss ideas around in my head during quiet moments; I find it hard to get started until I have something planned. Now, more often than not, the finished project bears little or no resemblance to what I had in mind, LOL, but I do work best with a plan.
        As far as the rest, I'm a one at a time scrapper; if I leave one unfinished, it usually stays that way. And I am TOTALLY anal: everything is put away by the time I'm finished. I take out a pile to start with and as I decide on using this and that, the rest goes back starting with paper and then the embellies.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I don't have any little ones but I do work 24 hour shifts and then have 72 hours off. I usually scrap on the day that I get off of work since I have the house to myself for 24 hours. I usually work only on one project at a time and don't start another one until it's finished. I do have a scrap room, so when my table gets full of stuff I usually stop and clean it up. ( I hate clutter, kind of a neat freak) I always have my ipod on when I scrap.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

No kids here either. I scrap when I get home from work. If I am off I scrap either in the moing or afteoon when dh leaves for work. The only time I really don't scrap is when dh is off. Our schedules are so different, that when he is home we try to spend our time together. I also meet up with friends monthly and we scrap at a lss from 10-6.

As for finishing a project, i try to finish 1 layout before I start another unless I am just stuck. I'll sit it aside and start another. I usually scrap with the television or dvd player on. I try to put everything back in between layouts.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

When my kids were little and I was working I was a craft after the kids are down type of person – I didn't scrap back then but did lots of other crafts. Now that I'm on disability with my MS I can pretty much scrap any time of day. It's funny but I think I got more done when I was working and the kids were little than I do now. I think it's kind of when you are working you know you have only so much time to do things, so I got more done in less time. Since I'm not working I kind of have a I have tons of time to do things attitude and then things tend to get put off till later. I know, I'm weird, lol.

Snagg1
                Send PM

My kids are grown and out of the house and I am lucky enough to have an art shack. I try to spend some time in there nearly every day. I'm working a seasonal part-time job right now so I go out for a couple of hours in the moing and on my days off. I am a real freak–I listen to sports talk radio most of the time when I'm working on projects! I usually have 2-3 things going at once because I'm impatient about waiting for drying, etc. I pretty much clean as I go but I always have paint water sitting over there and a paper scrap pile over here and my paint booth over there…maybe I'm not as neat as I thought. ;) In any case, my time in the art shack is true relaxation and bliss–surrounded by things that make me happy.

My kids are grown and on their own, so no little ones keeping me busy! I can scrap pretty much whenever, so it just depends on what is going on that day. When dh is gone all day, I will hurry and get all the machines running (washer, dryer, dishwasher) first thing in the moing and then try and scrap all day. I love those days!!! Usually I try and scrap a couple of hours in the moing. I love listening to music or running old movies I've seen several times, then I don't really have to watch, I can just listen. I am a messy scrapper, so I have to clean up between LO's. I only work on one LO at a time.

Kids are grown. I scrap mostly at night. DH and I have 2 businesses so they keep me busy with book work. I also set aside a Sat. here and there and My Aussie friend and I scrap together through skype. I do run in my room if I get the chance and have to finish a project and clean between projects.

My girls are grown also. I have my own little craft room and I scrap/craft daily. I always do a little everyday but it takes me forever to get one layout done. I'll do something walk away let it dry, come back etc…I scrap inbetween housework and yard work lol..I clean my scrap room every single day around 3..everything gets put back in its place..except for now..christmas time…because i'm over whelmed in doing tags….cards….more cards..more cards..more cards!! so I'm leaving things out to save time he he

I definitely don't get to scrap every day…sometimes not even every week….kids! With their I want to eat and I need clean clothes….pshaw!

But, also, I can't get started in the afteoon, I am usually too tired to create.

Saturday and Sunday moings are my favorite times to scrap. If I get started early, I can scrap late, but I can't start late.

Ummm, I won't talk about cleaning.

I always finish one thing before starting another. Otherwise, I would get all jumbled. Having enough OUT to do more than one page at a time would be insane.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Hmm… I usually do something in my scrap space everyday. I used to be the type that only had one project going at a time, but now I usually have at least four things going on at once. I have little piles of stuff marinating until I'm ready to work on it. Dh is gettin his PhD right now, so he's busy every night, and that gives me ample time to play. Here lately, I have been at the scrap table almost every night from 9:30- 1:00. I need to catch up on some sleep though!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.