Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 1/2/17

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by msjan1 msjan1 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    msjan1
    msjan1
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Wow! It’s 2017???

So, as usual, I gotta ask. What New Year’s resolution have you made?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by msjan1 msjan1.
      msjan1
      msjan1
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Last year my mom and sister did a challenge with me to walk, run, bike, swim 500 miles in 2016. Well, we did 500 intentional miles and decided to do it again this year but add a twist (sounds like a Swirly challenge) each month. So, for January, I am adding a butt and gut daily challenge to the 500 mile challenge. Each of us will pick our own challenge for the month, post it, and then post our progress.

droopidog
        droopidog
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

No resolutions. I kicked up my workout plan before the New Year, I plan on sticking to that. I’m really going to try and record my miles with you guys this year. I really want to know what I have done for the year.

Kim
          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Bec
          Bec
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

My only resolution is to lose my baby weight……its not going well so far as I was eating chocolate while I was doing Leo’s 3am feed last night lol

Merrihew
            Merrihew
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

No resolutions for me this year! Something always gets in the way of them. So, I’m just going to try and enjoy the year! LOL!

GinnyH
              GinnyH
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Mine is trying to lose a bit of weight and get fitter. Boring eh? I probably said that last year too but I really do want to try and achieve it this year!

ginny 🙂

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Kim, I can add you to the group. Is that ok?

msjan1
                  msjan1
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Hey, Bec, a little dark chocolate is good for ya!

lindapekrul
                    lindapekrul
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I’m with you Cheryl… resolutions and I don’t do so well! LOL. I am going to “gently” try and persuade myself to use a planner this year and stay ahead of things instead of just “reacting” when they happen.

Peggy
                      Peggy
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I am trying to lose weight this year
                        And I’m trying to get back to reading more. Last year, I started to get back into the habit; I’m determined to spend less time online and more curled up with books.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

anniescraps
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Jan and Kim, you ladies are awesome! I wish I had the discipline to do that. But I know myself…sigh

Bec, I was wondering how you were doing. Congratulations!!!! Chocolate is always good!

Cheryl and Linda, I’m with you both. I don’t do resolutions either. It never pans out for me. So I’m just going to roll with it.

Ginny, it’s not boring, and you can do this! I would love to lose a bit of weight myself. It’s creeped up on me over the past few years. Maybe I can lose a bit myself.

Peggy – curling up with a book instead of the computer sounds lovely! I love to read myself, I haven’t made the time lately. One of my fav authors is releasing a book on the 17th of this month. I may just purchase that for myself.

GinnyH
                          GinnyH
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Who’s your favourite author Annie?

ginny 🙂

anniescraps
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Karen Marie Moning (her Fever series) But I love several other authors:
                              Terry Brooks, James Patterson, David Baldacci, Janet Evanovich (she freak’n cracks me up)
                              …just to name a few.
                              I used to be able to read a book within a day or two, now I’m lucky if I find the time.

Who are your go to authors?

lindapekrul
                              lindapekrul
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Weight is something I’m working on as well! I had been doing really with Jenny Craig… lost 18 pounds from Oct to Dec… and then Christmas clobbered me over the head with my sugar addiction and I’ve gained about 8 back. Oh woe is me. All that hard work down the drain…and I have to begin again!! I’m planning on journalling about it in my planner… and thinking up some things to change for next year… so that I’m not tempted again. As in… no more candy to “put in everyone’s basket”… it worked out to be “3 for me and 1 for you”. That will be number 1 Christmas resolution. I will have to fill their Christmas baskets with things I make instead!

Peggy, curling up with a book sounds wonderful! I have “A Dog’s Purpose” set aside to enjoy… but after listening to my daughter sob and sniffle her way through it on Boxing Day… I’m not sure I want to read it after all! LOL.

Annie, Karen Marie Moning’s series sounds intriguing… I will have to go to the library and get one of her books. I like James Patterson’s books too… thrillers are always fun to read.

msjan1
                                msjan1
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Sounds like mental health and physical health are a common theme. I hope we all can keep these on our mind for success in the new year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.