Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 12/23/13 decoration

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I have seen so many beautiful Christmas dinner tables in the magazines and on television. Are you gonna put a lot work into that too? Have you made hand craft items for your dinner table? Or do you keep the table fairly clean and let the food presentation do it's job?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I wish my table was going to look like the magazines… I'm in charge of the meal this year and I'm just praying the food itself will tu out well. (I'm not real secure about my cooking abilities!) I do buy Christmas crackers and special napkins to dress it up though. I always think I will hand make the crackers, but ALWAYS run out of time.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I decorate my table, That is the fun part to me. I have these cool cloth napkins that when are folded look like Bird of Paradise flowers. I get out all of my Hawaiian Koa wood bowls and make it look really tropical since my husband is Hawaiian. No favors, just lots of everyones favorite food.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

If we are having dinner at home, I dress up the table. However, dinner has been at my family, so I only have the centerpiece on the table.

I used to decorate the table and use my good china, but now with 7 grandkids, ages 2-9, I go for Christmas paper plates, napkins and cups! LOL!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I used to decorate the table and use my good china, but now with 7 grandkids, ages 2-9, I go for Christmas paper plates, napkins and cups! LOL!

LOL…Don't blame ya!!!

It's just DH and myself, so nothing fancy other than the beautiful floral arrangement he bought me a few days ago. I may break out the good Princess House crystal dishes, though, since it is Christmas. ;) We'll be off the the in-laws this weekend for a late Christmas and my MIL will have all her Christmas dishes out for meals.

Snagg1
              Send PM

I will use my silver and gold chargers under white china and each place setting getting a tea light in really pretty shallow gold holders. I also have some napkin rings with tiny gold bells on them. Some fresh flowers too.

I wish you all a very happy holiday filled with great good cheer!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Nope. We will be using the Corelle. We're just trashy like that!!!! I would like to decorate the table, but with a toddler and such, it wouldn't be worth it.
                Besides, meals SUCK at my house. Dh and I are always the only ones to eat whatever I cook. Owen, of course, has his own food, and the other two are BEYOND picky. Audra complains that everything is yucky, and Elijah is more of a grazer right now.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Rae, LOL.

I used to do the annual family dinner and I used my good china and all that. I also covered the table with a lace cloth over a red one. That was about it; the table was pretty much covered with food.

Rae, that sucks about the kids. It's so frustrating to put in time and effort AND thought into a meal, only to have them tu their noses up. The good thing is that they usually come around and get over the finickiness. Unfortunately, that seems to happen after they're out on their own.

Cheryl, he hee…. You are a wise woman! LOL. I probably would do the same thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one who keep the decoration calm at the dinner table. Although I love the look of a beautiful table, I find being together and serving everyones favorite food is more important than an all dressed up table. Besides… I can only store 8 peaople on mine and I wouldn't know what to do with all the decoration.
                  Rae, that sucks!!! Like Peggy said.. all the efford into the cooking and when the kids don't like it… well… it hurts. You deserve some huge hugs honey!!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I am classy white trash – I used paper plates with Christmas images on them:). The food and family were great though!

Well, we were going to use the good dishes…. then stupid me pulled out the regular plates w/o thinking about it. Maybe we'll use the good stuff for New Year's Eve…..

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Well the table looked nice but we decided to eat on our laps and watch Bridesmaids. We had such a laid back day with both our boys (31/22) that we decided what the heck.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

We were super lazy! No one got dressed, and we ate in the kitchen/nook, on paper plates!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.