Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 13th June – Paper Organization

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by GinnyH GinnyH 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bec
    Bec
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

How does every organize their papers??

By colour, by collection, by brand

And how do store them?

Bec
      Bec
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I have 4 sets of 12×12 plastic draws I keep my paper in, each one has 6 draws. I have one for my Blue Fern papers and one for my Maja papers. I try to sort them by collection but I don’t have enough draws for all the collections.

Then in the other two I have all the rest of my papers sorted by brand.

This set up takes up ALOT of space so I need to begin to condense it.

msjan1
        msjan1
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I store cs by color on shelves, other pp by theme or brand, Swirly kits stay together in the plastic bag they came in until majority is used (stored in filing cabinet).

droopidog
          droopidog
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

My cs is sorted by color and I have it in the organizational cubes from Michaels. My pp is sorted by manufacturer, except for my Christmas paper. I keep all the paper that will fit in my storage tower. I have any paper left over from kits in an iris tote.

Kim
            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
            http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

All of my paper sits upright in Cropper Hopper holders.
              The cardstock is more or less organized by color (I have a hard time deciding ?pink or purple?, kwim?).
              As far as the patterned paper goes, I’m totally anal. It’s sorted alphabetically by Manufacturer, Collection, Title. When I remember, I jot down the month and year on the title strips of kit papers. They all go into the general population as soon as the next kit arrives and this one is put away.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

RAE
              RAE
              Swirly Moderator
                Send PM

My paper is mostly divided by manufacturer. I do have a few themes I keep separate: Christmas, beachy, ancestral, and baby. It’s all in the the scrapbox. There are a handful of Prima collections that I have a lot of the flowers and embellishments for, especially the newer ones, and those go in Iris 12X12 containers on a designated shelf. All cardstock is separated by color.

Merrihew
                Merrihew
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I need to go through my paper and organize one container, but mostly, it sounds like I have mine organized like Jan does.

GinnyH
                  GinnyH
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

My PP’s are stored by manufacturer and then by collection, in plastic bags in several ‘Really Useful Boxes’ which stack on top of each other on my shelves. I have limited space so condensing everything is a must! My cardstock I must admit is separate but not in colour order and a lot of it is in mixed colour pads.

ginny 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.