Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 2 – 20 – 12 Glossy or matte printed pics?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

odiammy
      Send PM

When you get your photo's printed, wheter you print them yourself or get them from the photo lab… Do you prefer Gloss or Matte printed pictures. And Why?

odiammy
        Send PM

Since I live in the middle of nowhere, I print almost all of my own photos. I use HP premium plus photo paper in Soft gloss. I like it because it doesn't show fingerprints and I don't get glare when I photograph my LO's.

odiammy
          Send PM

Matte. I like the less glare.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Matte I also like less glare.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I've never really thought about it. I use glossy, but for no good reason other than that's what's easiest to find in 4×6 with tab.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I've never really thought about it. I use glossy, but for no good reason other than that's what's easiest to find in 4×6 with tab.

Ditto

GlitterGirl
                  Send PM

I think Glossy gives you more detail and vibrant color, matte of course has less glare, but unless you use top quality papers, matte loses some sparkle to it. I prefer glossy.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I thought I preferred matte for a long time, but then I had a hard time finding it for my little printer, and the color carts always came with 100 glossy sheets, so I just use glossy. I guess I don't really care. 🙂

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Glossy as I get mine from Kodak and I have not figured out how to get matte ……. But a photographer friend told me the same as Lisa – better colour and clearer detail with gloss.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I prefer matte, but since I do most of my printing at home I end up with glossy. I loved the matte prints from Scrapbookpictures.com, but now they're gone.

GlitterGirl
                          Send PM

I prefer glossy for the look but matte for photographing layouts is easier – no glare!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

I used to use Glossy, until I got so fed up with fingerprints…. and switched to matte….

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I mostly use glossy, mostly because it's so much easier to find. Like Lisa, I think that the details come out much better on glossy.
                              However, I have printed out some the the images from The Graphics Fairy and Magic Moonlight on plain white cardstock with a matte setting. Because these are vintage images, I'm not looking for a lot of clarity and this works just fine.

craftysprinkles
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

I print mine at home and use something from Canon called Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss. Canon's description of this paper reads, The velvety texture of this semi-gloss paper gives your photos an amazingly rich quality. Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss produces vibrant images with low glare and a soft glossy finish for photo lab quality prints right at home. It seems to be the best of both worlds…

lisajoy
                                  Send PM

I use HP Advanced or Premium. I think they are both semi-gloss.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.