Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 2-6-12 How do you store your ink pads?

This topic contains 31 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

How do YOU store your ink pads? Do you store them upside down, or just face up? And what kind of storage do you have for your inkpads?

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I don't have a lot of ink pads (yet), but so far I store them on a shelf (face up) in one of those wall storage units from Michael's (Krissy had posted a picture of the storage unit in one of the organization threads). I currently have 12 distress inks and have them stacked on top of each other (I made labels so I could see the name of the color). When I get ALL of the colors I'll probably have to go to a second shelf! Would love to hear what everyone else does….

Snagg1
        Send PM

I store mine top up and I have one of those ink holder thingies that spins.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I have tons of inks. My distress inks are in a wooden box that dh added shelves to for me. My other inks are in a spinner thingy I got from here http://www.wistampsupplies.com/results.php?category=5 . They are all upside down.

The only inks I store upside down are dye inks. All others are right side up. They are all stacked on my open shelves so I can get to them easily.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I used to store them upside down until I watched a video done by Laura Denison, where she said Tim told her you don't have to do that to distress inks. Right now they are stacked on this shelf that Krissy told us about.

[img:width=600&height=800]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1328565849_550_FT140455_008a_.jpg[/img]

I don't have them all labelled yet, but I want to because they're a pain when you're looking to see what colour you want!

You live 20 minutes from me right Linda? Hmmm good to know if I need to borrow anything, LOL!!!

Oppps forgot to say that mine are just in a clear drawing bin thing on wheels. I like them face up so I can see what I'm reaching for.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

You live 20 minutes from me right Linda? Hmmm good to know if I need to borrow anything, LOL!!!

Anytime! 🙂

Well…. I have the Ranger Adirondack, Archival and Distress inkpads stored in an old cassette holder DH attached to the wall for me. I have two of the old TH metal inkpad cases (the ones that hold like 36 pads) full of Versamagic chalk pads, Staz-on pads, Frseco chalk ink pads, and something else I'm spacing on right now. Then I have some plastic drawer thingies on the wall that a few random inkpads sit on one section of… oh, and then I have two smaller snap-together boxes holding small versions of Memento, Brilliance, and Versamagic pads. Oh, and lastly I have a holder containing some Stewaart Superior Palette inkpads…. Yeah, I *think* that's it…..

ETA: silly me forgot to answer question #2! I store the full-size pads upside down. The small pads are right side up so I can see which is which w/o dumping hte entire container.

I did mention that I was a stamper long before I started scrapping, didn't I? lol!!

My inkpads are stack and stored in a plastic shoe bin. I've started labeling the distress pads with ink dots that I punched out of address labels. I found a small circle punch in the Micheal's 1 dollar punch bin.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I store mine top up and I have one of those ink holder thingies that spins.

Ditto!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I don't have a lot…. but store them upside down….. 🙂

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

In 3 different draws face up plus my cats eye inks are in a couple of smaller boxes. I tend to reach for those first, but the chalk ones are starting to wear out and I'm liking the jenni Bolin ones we received in a kit a while back. I may have to break down and replace a few.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I store my Distress pads face up and the other face down

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.