Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 20th June – Layout order

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Kimberly Kimberly 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bec
    Bec
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

How do you start a layout?
      Do you choose the photo first and start from there? Or do you pick the paper to begin your layout. Or does your process start with a design/sketch idea

Bec
      Bec
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I always start by choosing which papers I want to use. Then I pick a photo to match the colours in the papers. I have 2 giant photo albums filled with photos to choose photos from, when I print photos I edit each one 3-4 different ways so I have loads of photos.
        Then depending on which way the photo is facing I plan my layout design. Followed by choosing matching flowers.

msjan1
        msjan1
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I start with the papers, then a sketch or challenge then pick the photos that will work. That’s why I never print photos ahead of time. I can print the photos in color or b&w and the size I need to fit the layout I’m working on. I do not scrap in chronological order either.

GinnyH
          GinnyH
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

With the Swirlydoos kits I usually start with the papers first too, and then choose a photo but do not print it off straight away as I like to then work out a rough sketch/layout and decide on photo size, then print it off. I don’t always use a sketch, a lot of the time a layout just comes out of my head and happens!
            The only time this changes is if I’m working on a specific themed photo challenge and then I choose the photo before the papers.

ginny 🙂

droopidog
            droopidog
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

It depends on what I’m working with. If I’m working with the kit, I start with the papers and find a photos to fit the papers and embellishments. Then I will work on the sketch challenge.

If I am working on challenge, I will start with what ever the challenge deems. Like for Prima, If I am doing the BAP, I start with the sketch. If I am doing the PPP, I start with papers.

I have pictures printed, but will always go back and reprint for a different size or edit it to black and white to make it fit.

Kim
              My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
              http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Peggy
              Peggy
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

It depends. I usually have a bunch of photos sorted and ready when my kit arrives, based on the colors and patterns that I’ve seen in the Add-On preorders. Once my kit arrives and I go through the actual papers and embellies along with the sketch, I select the actual photos to print out and take it from there.
                Otherwise, I select my photo and go through my papers, looking at colors and patterns and themes until I get what I want.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Kimberly
                Kimberly
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I usually start with paper, colors, and embellishments. I have pictures in albums and boxes, with lots of black and white, and some color photos from my Mom and Grandmother to choose from. Of course, I have photos of family, friends, my cat, and wildlife. Those I print as needed.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Kimberly Kimberly.
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.