Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 21 December

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Bec
    Bec
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

My question this week is what type of scrapbooker are you?
      Are you a planner who sets out your layout before you make it, do you freestyle and make things up as you go? Do you love to scrap alone or with others at a crop? Music or silence?

Bec
      Bec
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I’m mainly a freestyle scrapper, I generally make things up as make my projects. I find if I have a clear plan I never get the finished product to look like what I imagined and therefore I never like those projects.

When I’m making videos I do pre arrange the layouts to some extent so when I hit record I’m more organised. No one wants to see me hunting through 100 pkts of flowers to find the prefect ones ?

I also have to scrap alone in silence, and during the day. I’m definitely not a night scrapper plus I never scrap for more than 2 hrs at a time, I like to get up and leave my layouts for a while so I come and look at it with fresh eyes to make sure I like it.

Kathi
        Kathi
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I’m more of a planner, if I go to crops or retreats I have my pages made into kits so I don’t have to bring my whole room.

Like Bec I do my best in the daytime and in silence. I also get up, go do something else and come back to the project.

take time to smell the roses

droopidog
          droopidog
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I guess I’m a planner. I lay stuff out before I glue it down to make sure I like it. Plus I also follow the Swirlydoos golden rule. Once you have it all laid out, snap a picture of it. This way I can see if it is balanced and everything is where you like it.

I can scrap anytime and any place. If I get on a roll, I can go into the wee hours. I’ll listen to music, I have a crop music playlist on my iPad. Or I’ll put on a good “scrap” movie. You know the ones you’ve seen a million times, so you don’t have to watch it, just listen. The devil wears Pravda is one of my favorite scrappy movies. I guess all the fashion inspiration gets my mojo going.

Kim
            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Merrihew
            Merrihew
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I am more of a planner. And as I go with my plan, I change it up as I go, but it usually looks like the basic plan. I love to scrap at crops, taking a break between LO’s to wander around and visit with friends, seeing what they are creating. I also enjoy my scrapping alone. No matter when I crop, I enjoy listening to music or like Kim, a movie I have seen a million times! If I get a LO just right, I will snap a picture so that I will remember where stuff goes when I start gluing.

msjan1
              msjan1
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I scrap with music. I can scrap all day! I love to scrap with others but mainly scrap alone. Somewhat of a planner. I start with a basic plan most times then add to it. I sometimes take pictures when things are just laid out so I can get them glued down just so.

Angelica
                Angelica
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I’m not a planner. I just go with the flow! I prefer to scrap alone during the day listening to classical music. For some odd reason I can only scrap between the hours of 11-3. Anytime before or after that I get scrappers block and get frustrated. This is the reason why I can only get one page done a day, if I’m lucky!

RAE
                  RAE
                  Swirly Moderator
                    Send PM

I’d LOVE to be able to scrap all day! But, I scrap at night after the kids go to bed, and sometimes when everyone is at school. Occasionally, I will go to the scraproom during the day on the weekends or evenings, but I am not really productive. πŸ™‚

I don’t really plan stuff out. If I get an idea, I usually just go with it, but I don’t glue anything down until I have 90% of the design decided.

I love to listen to music when I scrap. My favorite is Bonobo! And, I usually binge watch episodes of shows on Netflix too. But, most of the time, it’s just quiet, and I love that.

Bec
                    Bec
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I think if I put the TV on while I scraped I’d just end up watching TV and not doing any scrapping ?
                      I’m not the best multitasker

RAE
                      RAE
                      Swirly Moderator
                        Send PM

Well, sometimes I am not so productive if I start watching TV! Last night I watched the last two episodes of Wentworth, season 2, and I was glued to the computer! I highly recommend that show.

Bec
                        Bec
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I haven’t watched that show Rae, I’m thinking of getting Netflicks for the holidays so I’ll have to look out for that one

talkis
                          talkis
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

For my part I am more type freestyle I adore letting go myself by thinking not.
                            I am a hyperactive girl thus in a group I am too much to stimulate by everything which thus surrounds me I prefer to do odd jobs only. At the house I am of the type or I listen to series at the same time as I knickknack it is pleasant. I am definitively a scrapper at night I suffer from insomnia.

Andiepants04
                            Andiepants04
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I’m kind of a hybrid. I will have a piece of inspiration and just go where it takes me. Most of the time I lay things out before flying but sometimes I just glue it al down as I go. That’s more of a therapeutic method for me.

"I'm so crafty I make people."

StephD
                              StephD
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

I’m not really a planner, I sort of start out with a kind of design in mind but it usually changes as I go along. I like to lay it out and then take a pic before I start gluing anything down. Mind you lately I haven’t had any idea’s at all which is probably why I haven’t done any layouts since about July and just finally did a layout last week which was a vey clean and simple one.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by StephD StephD.
                                Peggy
                                Peggy
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Good question.
                                  I want to say that I’m a planner and I do start with something pretty definite in my head. But once I get started, other ideas usually pop into my head and I sort of go wherever they take me. I guess that’s why it takes me so long to get anything done, lol.
                                  I like scrapping with friends, but I seem to do more chatting than scrapping, lol. That’s fine; I don’t get to meet up with the Savages very often and the chatting is just as important as scrapping.
                                  Television? Hah! The TV is in another room and it’s going to stay that way. I’d never get anything done, lol. (I do admit to watching while fussy cutting or assembling flowers or sorting out my messy piles of trims, but that really doesn’t take much concentration.)

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.