Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW

This topic contains 38 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Sorry for the delay ladies. To date, my questions are as follows:
    Scrapbooking for you – it's a profession, or a way to make creative flight, hobby?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

For me its gone past a hobby, more like an obsession, LOL. It is my therapy.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

For me its gone past a hobby, more like an obsession, LOL. It is my therapy.

What Kim said!!!!

For me, it started out as a need, to get scrapbooks to display on my 2 youngest kids graduation tables. That was back in 1997-98 and my oldest dd did most of it, with a little help from me. Then it tued into a way to be creative and spend fun time with other scrappers, especially my sister and sister-in-law. Now, I just love it! It is what I do to relax. So, I guess now, it has become my therapy!

it's an awesome (and apparently expensive!) hobby! I've been scrapping since 2003 when I graduated from high school and I love it! 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Mine started out as a hobby and like others I'm obsessed with it now and I find it very relaxing!

I've always been crafty, even when I was very young. My craft time was always stolen time–shoulda been working, cleaning, with the kids, you know. Now that I'm retired, it's what I do, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I did the DT for awhile and then fell out of it because I was babysitting my grandaughter. Last year I took a long break from scrapping. I am trying to get back to it. Maybe by fall/winter I will be productive enough for a DT again.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Like so many others, this started out as a hobby; in my case as a way to show my family's history.
              And like so many others, I became sidetracked by the examples of so many talented designers.
              And now, to quote Kim, For me its gone past a hobby, more like an obsession, LOL. It is my therapy.

Hobby / Therapy for me. I may retire in July and Hope to be able to sell bits and things so that I can continue to buy scrapbook supplies. Probably still won't call it a profession at that point, because I am not looking to make a full time income from it.

Snagg1
                Send PM

I've enjoyed all things creative since I was a child but as an adult I love all things paper and mixed media. It is a serious hobby and therapy for me. I used to sell more but now I like to do it more for fun and enjoyment.

Papercrafting in general is a creative outlet for me. I've been doing various crafty endeavors since childhood, but my favorite activity was coloring. Nothing like a fresh box of Crayolas and a new coloring book to make my little heart go pitter-patter! ;) When I discovered rubber stamping in the 90s it was a rediscovery of my passion for coloring, which evolved into a love for paper crafting in general. I really didn't want to scrapbook at first; it took my mom a couple years to wear me down. lol! I scrap to capture the memories and for my own enjoyment. It's a cross between therapy and relaxation, and it makes me happy. I am lucky enough to have a hubby who enjoys (insists actually) seeing what I create and takes pride in telling people his wife made that! I still do many other crafts, and likely always will, but getting my hands all inky just makes me happy…. Is that weird? ;)

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Monica that's great that you have such a supportive husband. Every time I show my dh something I made he just looks at me and says I don't get it

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Definitely what Kim said! I get cranky if I can't scrap for awhile. I was also wo down by a friend to get started. Look what she started! Honestly,my scrapping never really blossomed til I joined Swirlydoos because it combined gorgeous products with a crazy and talented bunch of supportive ladies. !lol

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Definitely gone past being a hobby for me as well…it's therapy! And obsession for sure!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.