Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 4-15-11 – How do you keep your scraproom clean?

This topic contains 44 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I know it's not the right day for a question, buy I have one… How in the hell do you keep your scraproom clean????????? I was going to clean mine up today…told myself that after this kit, I would get on it. It really is overwhelming, I let it go too long. Stuff everywhere, on top of stuff, spreading to the next room. Can't hardly see the floor in either room. So I started cleaning, even went to Home Depot to get more storage containers. The best inetntions, for sure! About 10 minutes into it, I found a piece of paper that I forgot I had. One that I really liked when I got it and right then and there, I stopped cleaning and started scrapping! I finished the layout, then because I didn't want to start cleaning again, I messed with it and fiddled around and added more stuff. I really do not want to tackle this room!!! I will pobably find more stuff I forgot I had and stop and start scrapping again!! How do you keep on task???????

That is a problem. I don't know about anyone else, but I have about an 18 inch space that is pretty cleared off to scrap on…..the rest of my scrappy table is piled up with stuff I might need. I would really like to start all over with my scrappy space. I can't find anything!!!!

Snagg1
        Send PM

I have to clean my space up when I'm done every night because if I don't my cats will get into everything and have a par-tay!

I do end up with piles of papers and pieces parts that need to be cleaned up every so often. I have to have an organized space otherwise I can't concentrate. I'm sick that way.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I dont Robin mine just looks like a toado went through it all the time lol

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Does this look like a clean room? It's obvious I can't stay on task cleaning it so I just close the door when I get tired of looking at it. I clean at it often, but it hasn't been clean in months.

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1302918243_131_FT84801_img_0093_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Well, Robin, if you remember my space at camp, you know I can't stay clean for a second! If I had a scrappy nickname, it would probably PIGPEN. I really do try to keep stuff clean at home, but it only lasts for a little while. I trained both of my kids not to mess with my stuff, but I know having a new one will definitely prevent me from being so lazy and leaving my crap out to until after the toddler years. It will ALL have to be picked up every night. (OMG) So, I have started to get better about putting things away for 10 minutes every night, and hopefully, that plan will stick!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

OMG Kim!!! LMAO I totally feel your pain. I try to straighten my desk up between layouts otherwise I've got no room. I finished my chippy LO on my cricut station which is only about 30 inches high. My lower back is killing me. Sign #1 that it's time to straighten up.

Robin…I keep on task by taking it one job at a time. And I don't leave cuz then it NEVER gets done. Oh….and I only do it once every 3 months or so.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

haha Kim thats awesome 🙂

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

the biggest problem with my room is well….room!! For some reason my space has tued into my hubbys sports storage crap place too? *&^%@%@*(&#(# I better not say what I am thinking hehe 🙂

that's like the thousand dollar question!
                    I wish I had an answer, cause even when I do clean it 3 minutes later it's a mess again

I have to straighten up after every layout sometimes more than that; it's the OCD in me. I clean as I go!!!

First off, Kim, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your room!!! ;D

Second, I hate doing it, but if I don't at least clear up my cut table and my mist table, I can't scrap at all, so, I usually clean up after each layout so I can start fresh. BUT, I put the paper and stamps and stuff in piles and that is the tough part to clear out!

Kim, your room may not be picture perfect tidy, BUT it looks productive. It looks functional, it looks like you may be a bit of a Savage from a few tus in the add-on line and Spot-light line. LOL

I love your room.

I actually keep mine pretty clean because I only have a scrapping cubby, which I mean a scrapping coer of a room in my finished basement. One small scrapping table, which forces me to keep tidy. I have a LOT of stuff shoved into that space, but it is pretty organized.

My small table is my choice. I leaed long ago that the bigger the space, the bigger one will spread out. My table has room enough to do one LO at at time.

When our LSS closed, I bought a ton of their slat board displays. I converted my patio into my scrappy space with an airconditioner/heater, TV….everything but a phone., and an 8 foot curved desk. I thought the slat board would be great for doo-dad storage, but I'm beginning to wish I had gotten one of the big Clip-it-Up storage things. I'm envious of the pics I've seen of the scrappy rooms with chandliers and pretty storage boxes. My stuff is on the walls and in plastic drawers and each kit is in a separate plastic snap top box. I'd like to start all over.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.