Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

how to start your creative career?

Snagg1
      Send PM

Keep creating and keep trying out..as far as being paid to scrap,I don't like it..too much pressure and too restrictive. I have a DT that I am aiming for and someday…

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Scrapbooking is a hobby for me and I want to keep it that way! I have not applied for many DT because I don't want the pressure and I like doing what I want to do. That being said, I love being here at Swirlydoos, this is home!! And Graphic 45 is my dream team, maybe, maybe, maybe, someday I will make that team!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Hoping to retire in August and maybe sell a few items on Etsy and work with a DT that doesn't have crazy requirements, as I will be retiring due to illness and likely collecting disability. So crazy requirements for 6-8 or more projects a month will be out of what I am able to do. Don't expect to make a career out of it though, just hoping to make enough to support the hobby:)

My DT work is just to support my hobby too. I was teaching for a little while – so much work though! Maybe more doable when I retire but not right now with 3 young kids.

I keep pondering about trying to be on a DT, but I'd first have to get into the habit of actually using my blog, so….. maybe someday? lol! I've done some teaching, which I enjoyed, but I don't really have a connection locally to do more of that. The local craft stores are all chains now; the LSS disappeared a couple years back.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

LOL, Monica.
          Believe it or not, I started a blog some years ago. Well, I went on Blogger and signed up and that was about it.

I'm one of those for whom scrapping is just a hobby. I have so much admiration for those of you who can create layouts and projects under pressure while making it all look effortlessly gorgeous!!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I have talked to quite a few scrappy business owners and MUSTS are an active blog, and social media (FB, Twitter, etc.)

Once you have those established, figure out what companies you would like to be a part of and use those products. Most DT's require you to submit projects using their products.

Those are just what I have gleaned over the years.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I'm not sure how to answer that question. Although I am on 4 DTs now, scrapping is still my therapy. I do it because I love it, it challenges me and helps me unwind. There are some teams out there that I actually don't want to apply for because of, as Maggie said, the crazy amount of pressure it would be.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.