Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 7-18-10

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What do you consider the hardest part of scrapping?

Is it selecting the right photo?
      Is it picking the papers out?
      Is it finding the right embellies?
      Is it coming up with a design?
      Is it something else?

What is your nemesis????

Being different. 🙂

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

My problen is find the right photo! I usually come up with the design after I decide on the papers!! After I decide on the papers, I MAKE the embellies I want work on them. THEN I look for the right photo! I know…I'm bassakwards!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Getting the right picture…I have an issue with color photos…they are hard to match…I know you really do not have to match them to the paper but I cannot seem to let go of that notion.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Being different. 🙂

You got that right Lisa!! I am always trying to come up with something original! lol!!! People say I KNEW that was yours!! or I could recognize YOUR layouts anywhere! To me that means that I am in a rut and they all have the same quality about them! I would love for someone to say WOW!!! Did YOU do this??? INCREDIBLE!! lol!! Then I would know I have accomplished it!!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Mine is trying not to make all the lo look the same or very similar…..I seem to get on a kick and make several lo very similar BUT with the swirlydoos creative members, I'm getting a lot more inspiration,..Thanks, Ladies.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I've been selecting the photos after my kit arrives and I sort through the pp.
                Then I figure out a rough design in my head and then select the pp, play with that and come up with a semi-final design, play around some more.
                Then I commit with trimmer and scissors, arrange and rearrange, and finally play pick and choose with embellies.

Like Lisa, I try to be different with each layout, I think that's what slows me down.

Not just being different from layout to layout but from everyone else as well. I like to use the techniques others teach us but don't want my layouts to be a copy of theirs. I try to take what I lea and apply it in a different way so it's not a copy of say Robins or Lisa's or Gabi's or Tina's kwim? And I also like to take on challenges way out of my comfort zone. I just did a goth one for the Darker Side challenge over at sb. That was a tough one! LOL

[quote]
                Being different. 🙂

You got that right Lisa!! I am always trying to come up with something original! lol!!! People say I KNEW that was yours!! or I could recognize YOUR layouts anywhere! To me that means that I am in a rut and they all have the same quality about them! I would love for someone to say WOW!!! Did YOU do this??? INCREDIBLE!! lol!! Then I would know I have accomplished it!!!!
                [/quote]

that's the hardest for me…

I pick my photos first and then the paper. getting just the right paper drives me nuts!!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I pick my photos first and then the paper. getting just the right paper drives me nuts!!!!

Really???? But you are GREAT at that!!!!

what's my nemesis???

TIME
                  there isn't enough of it

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

For me, it the embellishments…. or 'finishing'…… I can get the design, and the photo…. and put it together…. but I think it the embellies that make or break a LO…. or make it stand out….. so that's where I put most of 'angst' or attention….. 🙂

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

The hardest part for me is coming up with a design. Then I pick my papers and find a matching photo, or I have a photo I wanna scrap and try to find the right papers for it. Once I have laid down my papers and photo, the fun part starts: getting the right embellishments. I always try to incorporate a few fun techniques. I don't necessarily try to be different, but I love it when my work inspires other people to try something new.

Robin, I fell the opposite about recognition, I like when ppl say they knew it was mine, it looks like I did it. I want it to have my stamp on it!

I think for me it is different with some layouts. I don't really have ONE thing that sticks me more. Sometimes, I have an idea, but no pic, sometimes a pic and no ideas, sometimes all ideas and no time!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.