Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 7/1/16 What question have you

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Bec Bec 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    msjan1
    msjan1
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

been wanting to ask but were too afraid? It can be a technique that you’ve seen someone use, a color of paint, a paper brand, a certain die, you name it. What question have you wanted to ask another Swirly sister but just didn’t want to be a pain in the butt? Go ahead ask!

I asked Kathi about a die this week that I had borrowed at camp and decided I just had to have. Then, I asked her about a certain paper line. Bec asked me about a black texture paste. So, go ahead. Have you seen something or some technique and you just gotta ask? Let’s hear it!

anniescraps
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I do! What do your do with your layouts that are an inch thick. I’m having an issues storing them without causing some kind of warping to either a layout behind or a layout in front. I can’t put each layout in a 3d frame and hang them all on the wall…lol

droopidog
        droopidog
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Anne, what I do is I only put 1 layout per page protector. Also, I try to put them in the album(I use 3 ring by the way) where if the first layout has lots of embellishments on the top, the next layout I put in, I try to find one that has the embellishments on the bottom. Hope that makes sense. It’s like a balancing act.

Also to help with this, I never store my albums laying down, I always stand them up.

Kim
          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Kathi
          Kathi
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I put mine on 3″ rings and hang them a old hat rack

take time to smell the roses

msjan1
            msjan1
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I do what Kim does. I certainly have a lot hanging around the house, too. Like over 24 framed around the house. I have a standing flip 12×12 that holds about 10 pages that I can display and rotate out. But, I certainly don’t get 50+ pages in an album like I used to.

Bec
              Bec
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I have question about buying from overseas. I usually try to just buy from Australia shops to save on shipping costs and my parcels arrive in a few days. But I’ve always been curious about buying overseas and weather I’d save money. Does anyone buy overseas often???

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Bec, I have ordered from China through EBay and from IAmRoses in Thailand, as well as Wild Orchid in Britain. In every case, the prices are beyond reasonable, even with postage, and the orders have been processed quickly.
                  The only holdup is Customs on this end. Once in while, my package will be in limbo for a week or two, but that’s rare. I’ve actually gotten an order from China in a week.

I’m supposing that the one thing that would be costly is postage, which varies so much from country to country. Why not place and order, see what the postage would be and then hit “send” or not, depending.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I have seen plenty of things that I’d love to ask about, but I’m in a serious belt-tightening mode, so I guess I’ll avoid temptation 😉

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

droopidog
                    droopidog
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Bec, I have ordered from China on Ebay and it has been totally worth it. I had a package not get delivered and contacted the seller I had a replacement in about a week. I have also order from overseas from Etsy. That took a bit longer but had no issues with it. Again very reasonable.

Kim
                      My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

GinnyH
                      GinnyH
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I buy from overseas a lot! Apart from Swirlydoos of course, I buy a lot of paper lines from the USA via Amazon as the prices are a lot cheaper. Theres a couple of places I look for specifically when buying via amazon because their postage is very reasonable and they are very quick with overseas delivery. I have never had any problems!

I also store my layouts the same as Kim!

ginny 🙂

msjan1
                        msjan1
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I’ve bought flowers from I am Roses, overseas and quite worth it, too.

Bec
                          Bec
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Thanks everyone, next pay day I might trying buying from overseas.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.