Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 8-15-11 What gets your mojo going?

This topic contains 33 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

I know that we seek inspiration for our creating all the time. I know that a lot of us get inspired by our Swirly sisters. But now I want you to choose some other source of inspiration than the Swirly sisterhood. Tell us of someone/something else that gets your mojo going. And tell us what it is about that person that inspire you so.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

My kids, hands down!!

When I take pictures of them I can't wait to scrap them!! Looking back over the years I love to see the way they've changed!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

LOL, Ang, in that spirit, I'll admit that my granddaughter has gotten me scrapping in eaest!!!! So have my forebears, I love trying to tell their stories.
        As far as inspiration from the world of scrapping, I guess I get a lot from Tim Holtz. I may not exactly copy his techniques, but they make a great starting point from which to go in my own direction.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

If you take out other scrappers, here, or famous ones like Timmy….. then I'd say some products inspire me….. I see them, then I 'see' in my head a LO or aspect of a LO….

My family inspires me, mostly my son David. He's the reason I started scrapping. I wanted him to have lots of pics of himself, his different stages of development. I also want him to have pics of himself and his parents and his siblings.

Of course my kids are an inspiration to me in general, to do my best, to be a good person, to be in their eyes what a good mom should be. 🙂

I would say in strictly scrapping terms, or creatively, I am inspired by a few different people.

Tim Holtz. I love his enthusiasm for creating things and his outside the box approach to ink. I probably wouldn't be able to scrap without Tim! Plus, after taking his classes and leaing so much, it inspired me even more! ;D

Adam Lambert. OKAY I know that it is cheesy and stalkerish of me to love Adam so much, but I really do! He does what he wants and doesn't give a F what the naysayers are barkin. He is leather and glitter and talent all over and I love that fearlessness and I want that to reflect in my pages. He has inspired me to chuck all scrap convention out the window and do whatever I want!

[/mushy inspiration stuff]

Snagg1
            Send PM

Testify! fist bump (followed by cheesy explosion noise) ;D

OW!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I would have to say that lately I have been trying to get ideas on doing negative space layouts because they take less time, and I love the way they look. So, I have been looking at one of my favorite artists on sb.com, Ingrid, and also the digital layouts on that site- there are a lot of negative space digis that are awesome. I'll never go digi, but there are some great ideas from that format.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Working negative space is fun!! it hard to stop adding stuff though..lol!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I know! It's a challenge to stop!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Talk to me about negative space. I don't think I've ever seen that in scrapbooking.

When I was taking art classes in school we used to have to draw whatever, but we could only draw it by drawing the negative space around it. Example: Don't draw the chair, draw the space around it.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Digital – good one Rae. I love the look of several of these too and have tried a couple times to lift or do something similar in paper.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I also love the negative space LO's…..

And Manda, I like Adam's music…. but like you, LOVE his attitude!!!

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I would have to say that lately I have been trying to get ideas on doing negative space layouts because they take less time, and I love the way they look. So, I have been looking at one of my favorite artists on sb.com, Ingrid, and also the digital layouts on that site- there are a lot of negative space digis that are awesome. I'll never go digi, but there are some great ideas from that format.

I've loved Ingrid's work for a long time, and have tried to lift her, but my brain just so won't let me, LOL!!!!
                          I like them because they look so elegant, but they take longer for me, I guess because they're so hard. I never thought of looking at the digis, Rae, thanks for the suggestion.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.