Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 8-22-11 Do you make holiday cards or presents?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Do you make scrappy Christmas/holiday presents or cards? When do you start making them? For me…. I make cards whenever the mood strikes, but I start going through my drawer of Christmas stamps and embellies around this time every year to get a jump on cards. Projects depend on the year…. last year I did two albums for my MIL of all the pictures she had on her camera's memory card and wouldn't take off for fear my FIL would accidently delete them (happens all the time). I have plans to do a mini album for SIL this year if I can get the idea to gel enough to get something made. I try to do something handmade for the nieces each year. Monica

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I did all of my cards and tags last year. I started a lot later than I should have, of course, and had to skip my holiday baking to make the time.
      The other thing I did last year was to complete the Advent Calendar that was an add-on in 2009. I actually loved how it tued out and so did my DIL's mother when I gave it to my DGD. She still mentions it from time to time, so I broke down and bought another base to make one for her as an early Christmas present.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

No!! I wish I had time too 🙁

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

i always do cards, and tags. i made a ton last year and have many left over, that i will use this year.
        but i rarely enjoy making christmas cards, they because almost a chore to me, which isn't good.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

No!! I wish I had time too 🙁

Yeah, I'd rather do layouts with my time.

i always do cards, and tags. i made a ton last year and have many left over, that i will use this year.
          but i rarely enjoy making christmas cards, they because almost a chore to me, which isn't good.

The first year I started stamping (around 1997) I found the cutest Precious Moments angel to use for a cool Christmas card… and thought, how hard can it be to make 50-60 of the same card? After the first 10, it was a PITA just to get the rest done. Chore is definitely the word for it!! I still have, and love, that stamp…. but I haven't used it since. I leaed that for me it's better to just pick up a stamp and see where the inspiration takes me… and if I don't like the result, I toss it! After all, it's only paper (don't shoot me… I'm talking cs, not pp).

There are never enough hours to do all the scrapping I want to do, but for me I have to do projects and cards just to get some of the ideas out of my head and created. I started out as a stamper and if I'm stuck on something I always revert back to playing with inks, stamps and colored pencils to clear my head.

Monica

One year, I made a mini album for my mil for Christmas and also made pages for a mini for my mom, along with my sis and sis-in-law.

Snagg1
            Send PM

I make just add picture scrapbooks usually 10- 2 page layouts. Or 12 x 12 framed LO. I have made christmas cards only to see them tossed in the trash. Same with Bday cards. i did start making tags that can be oaments. Or oaments that are tags. That seems to work. I will start after kids get back to school.

So….. these tags that can be oaments or oaments that can be tags…. now I'm curious! Picture?

I've been doing the Timmy tags each Christmas and I always give some of them away to coworkers as a present.

Snagg1
              Send PM

I never thought to take pictures of them. I will see if I have any left from last year take a pic and post it.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I try to do Christmas cards for the extended family. Since I rarely get started before December I have to limit myself to those that can be hand-delivered. I pick up a new stamp or two every year and try out a new technique (pop up die cut Christmas trees one year, shakers another) and make all my cards with those two elements and then start fresh the next year.

I've done a couple of gifts of albums and shadow boxes over the years and they're generally well-received.

No. Not enough time. Sometimes I try, but they never get sent. 🙁

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Ok I found some examples of tags they are not finished I would add bling and school pics to the star book. The flower like tag can also be made out of ribbon. Another tag I would make would be the woven heart.
                  [img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1314066934_793_FT115004_xmas_tags_0012.jpg[/img]

I think I'll probably make just a few this year, but I definitely don't want it feeling like a chore.

LOVE that pink one, Connie! super cute!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.