Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 8-8-11 If you could own your own scrapbook store, would you?

This topic contains 50 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

If you could own your very own scrapbook store would you?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I want to say yes, but I'd need a partner who was really good at the business end of things. I'm good with the visual end and teaching, but not so much with the bookkeeping end of things. I'd really rather just be a great teacher at a lss…. if we actually had any I could teach at!

I don't think I would. I love to scrapbook and I have 4 friends that owned scrapbook stores, but they were so busy running them, that they didn't get to scrap anymore! I would hate not having the time to work on LO's! Of those 4 women, only one still has her store and it is a fantastic little store! I only get there about twice a year though, because I live too far away.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

only if I made enough money at it to have someone else manage it for me!!! I NEED my scrap time!! It would be good to stock all the things I like though…a never ending supply!

Snagg1
          Send PM

I often think it would be fun, but then I remember growing up in a family where my mom was half owner of a restaurant and it is a LOT of work. I know that a restaurant is different, but not really that much.

You work your tail off and don't get to enjoy yourself nearly enough. I wouldn't mind being a silent partner who got to pick all of the stuff to buy and was able to mingle and scrap with the customers. 🙂

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I actually mulled this over this summer because our LSS closed and I was really missing it. In the end I decided it was not for me because of the hours that would be involved and also the cost. I like my time being my own to decide how I use it, whether it is scrapbooking, gardening or babysitting my grandchildren. (Or doing my husband's company books ….yuck…not my favorite, but necessary.)

However, I did decide to start selling products from a home-based scrapbooking catalogue because I don't need to keep a huge inventory, I love their products, and I can keep my own hours. I am also looking forward to setting up workshops and getting together with other scrappers. (That is what I really missed when the scrapbook store in town closed.) I'm just getting going, so I hope it works out the way I've planned!

I could be a silent partner like Robin, except I probably wouldn't be too silent !I think back on all the Friday and Saturday night crops that lasted until 1 in the moing. Uh-uh….not for me. I'd be a cranky store owner! I'd want my store hours to be 11-3:30…..I wouldn't last long! LOL!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I'd do it! It would be a lot of work, but it would be awesome. I would also have an awesome system for inventory, so there would be an online store with the brick and mortar.
              The part I think that would be the hardest would making all the customers happy. I know what I like, but there are a lot of products out there that I'm not crazy about that are quite popular.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

That's such a very good question. I'd love to say yes, but then…
                My LSS is owned by two sisters. They and their mother run the store 6 days a week (it's closed on Mondays) so that the time spent isn't too overwhelming, but still that's a lot of hours.
                So part of my fantasy includes enough of a profit to allow me to hire people to man the counter and such, so I can do the ordering and have fun with the pretties.
                I agree with Rae, pleasing a customer base with a wide variety of tastes can't be easy; I think that the products that she's referring to would have to be the bread and butter that would allow me to also stock up on Swirly worthy dessert.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

No, but my son, a business major, said he might open one one day so I could everything I want. Love the 6'4 mama's boy. 🙂

I'd do it! It would be a lot of work, but it would be awesome. I would also have an awesome system for inventory, so there would be an online store with the brick and mortar.
                  The part I think that would be the hardest would making all the customers happy. I know what I like, but there are a lot of products out there that I'm not crazy about that are quite popular.

BINGO!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

I would say yes, I would love to own my store. but my credit card company would agree that I am a much better customer.

I would say yes, I would love to own my store. but my credit card company would agree that I am a much better customer.

Lol! Mine would agree!

OMG..I would own a store in a heartbeat! I would hope to have a partner as equally as passionate as I was. I have a vision for the store. It would be awesome!

OMG..I would own a store in a heartbeat! I would hope to have a partner as equally as passionate as I was. I have a vision for the store. It would be awesome!

Yes, it would be awesome if you owned it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.