Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW August 29th – Scrappy friends

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by GinnyH GinnyH 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    GinnyH
    GinnyH
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I am wondering how many of you actually scrap with friends or clubs/crops reguarly and how many of you like me are mainly internet based? ……….

ginny 🙂

GinnyH
      GinnyH
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

This weekend my family have been staying at my Mums. Its a bank holiday weekend here in the UK so we are making the most of it! I have had a lovely time catching up with crafty chats with my Mum and looking at her work and she has been showing me a lot of newish products and internet sites around that I have missed seeing with my busy life, which has led to the card coming out and a few new bits of stash being acquired!
        I love this valuable time, as when I am at home there are no local clubs or crops for me to go to that I can actually ‘talk & look at’ peoples work for real, everything I do is on the computer with my ‘internet’ friends.
        How many of you are like me, mainly internet based for your hobby/passion and how many of you have clubs or friends locally that you can go to and join in with?
        I really am seriously thinking I need to start some kind of club or crop in my area so I can talk to a face instead of a computer screen all the time!

ginny 🙂

droopidog
        droopidog
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I do both. I have a fairly “local” scrapbook store that is about an hour drive. I go to their all day crops (it has to be worth the drive) occasionally. Mostly in the fall when things start to slow down. I meet up with some friends. I take some classes there as well.

Plus I have scrappy friends from another store that closed. We get together monthly, we rent a room and bring all our stuff. I am usually the one with all the newest stuff though.

I do virtual crops with a few Swirly girls. Google hangouts is your friend. I have cropped with Rae, Andie and Jan via facetime or google hangouts.

Kim
          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
          http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Merrihew
          Merrihew
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I go to 3 or 4 Long weekend crops a year with my sister and sis-in-law and we have a great time. Sometimes my daughters go also. I am so excited, because my daughter and 12 year old dgd are going to the next crop with me. It will be dgd’s first crop and she is so excited! Of course, she has been scrapping since she was about 5! LOL! All of my grandkids like to scrap when they are here! It’s a lot of fun. Most of the year, I only scrap at home. I don’t think I could do a virtual crop because we have only a certain amount of internet time each month. 🙁

anniescraps
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I do both. I have a dear friend in NJ, so we skype. Sometimes we get nothing done but enjoy a cup of coffee and some chatting while we talk “shop”.
              There is an enormous crafting community here in Tucson. I try and get to a crop at least once a month. It just seems I never get anything done when I go…lol

msjan1
              msjan1
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I used to go to an all day crop once a month but I moved away and they stopped doing it. I just found a group of ladies in my new (well, I’ve been here 4 years now) town and we did our first weekend crop. There’s another one planned in October. My sister and I get together all weekend and crop 3-5 times a year. Otherwise, Swirly Camp is my other get together. I’ve been going since the first year. I missed one year when I moved and had to buy a new house. Like Kim said, we did a Google hangout and that was fun!

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

There was a LSS several towns over that I’d go to, but it closed a few years ago. A shame – not only were there crops, but there were a lot of good classes.
                  So, now I scrap by my lonesome most of the time. I said most because there is Swirly Camp where I get to be with some amazing ladies and yes, we do get some scrapping done!
                  I also go to North Carolina and Ohio each year to meet up with friends. Unfortunately, Ohio had to be canceled this year because we just couldn’t find a time to be together.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Bec
                  Bec
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I scrap on my own, I find a can’t scrap well with others around. The store i design for has multiple crops on each week and a late night one every month but I never manage to go…..I should because I’d love more scrappy friends

droopidog
                    droopidog
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Oh, how could I have forgotten about Swirly Camp. Those are the ULTIMATE CROP to be at!! I wish we could do it international. I’d love to be able to crop with Bec. I would love to see how she works or just pick her brain. She is another of my scrappy idols!!

Kim
                      My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
                      http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Kathi
                      Kathi
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I have 2 friends here that I get together with but we do projects not scrapping. I scrap by myself except for North Carolina, Ohio and Swirly camp just like Pegs!

take time to smell the roses

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Kim, LOL.

Kathi and I do manage to run into each other several times a year 😉 I just hope that we can do it again soon.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

anniescraps
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Bec – That’s what happens to me! I love being around people, but I just can’t “scrap” either. It’s not till I get home and rip everything out again and go to town.

Kim – I’m with you on being able to scrap with Bec! she is one of my scrappy idol’s too!

Bec
                            Bec
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Oh my Kim and Ann, that just made my day ❤❤

StephD
                              StephD
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

I usually scrap by myself too. We use to have two scrap stores in town but they are both closed now. There is a girl in town that sells stuff from her home so that helps out a bit. There is a store in town that sells chain saws and other heavy equipment and the wife is a scrapper and she’s managed to get a small area in the store where she sells stamps and scrap paper and a few other things.

I do miss the weekend crops that the other stores had, they were always fun. My grand kids like to scrap with me when they come up here in the summer. Our neighbors across just sold their house a couple of months ago. When they had a garage sale before they moved I went over to see if they had any fishing stuff for my husband. Si I get over there, no fishing stuff but she had scrapbooking stuff. I’m like you’re a scrapper, I never knew that. We could have been scrapping together for the past 5 years. Oh well,lol.

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

anniescraps
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Steph – that’s a real bummer finding out your neighbor was a scrapbooker after she decides to move.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.