Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW – Doilies

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

I love doilies and use them a lot – in all sizes. I love to color them too, sometimes with mists and sometimes with ink. They are great for layering too, I like when small pieces of doilies are peeking out here and there. Several manufacturers are now selling doilies – in different colors and sizes. I do prefer the white ones though, they can be used on any project – white or colored by your own choice!

What do you think of doilies? Do you use them and do you have a fav tip to share?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I love using doilies. I have found some in different shapes and even some kraft colored ones. I like misting them, so I buy mostly white ones.

I have found that I enjoy stamping on them lately.

The craft ones look fab! Haven't tried them yet, I think I might need some 🙂

I also love using doilies! I have them in lots of different sizes, mostly white, but also some kraft colored ones. I just recently got some fall colored ones that I am anxious to use. I have colored some in dark colors with mists, distressed them and used them on masculine LO's.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I love using doilies!! I prefer the white ones. I use inks, paints and mist.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Doilies add to anything. I use purchased ones but also die cut them. There are some beautiful dies out there.

i do use them especially when I do romantic layouts…I haven't used them for a while. Thanks for the reminder.

Snagg1
          Send PM

Love them! Have them in white so I can color them to my choosing. A couple of different sizes too. They're great peeking out at the edge of a layout, tucked for layering, or a few to make a design with.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Oh yes I love to use doilies, whenever I'm at any $ Stores I always like to check the doily section so I have doilies in lots of sizes!

I love doillies too.. I buy white ones and use them as they are.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Love dollies..have them in white and cut colored ones with my Cameo!

I have a whole folder in my Cameo just for doilies. I need to bust that out. They are great for altering with mists and inks for sure. 🙂

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I love them, myself, but I have a hard time incorporating them in a lot of my pages. Dunno why, I really should try using them more.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I absolutely LOVE doilies! They are so feminine and pretty. I'm especially attached to them because they bring back memories of my grandma. She crocheted hundreds of doilies and they were all so intricate and beautiful. I always think of her when I use them.

I keep a stock of white ones on hand, and like to mist them to colour them. I also have dies that I love for cutting out coloured ones. These are two of my favorites. They're both by Cheery Lynn.

English Tea Party

[img:width=336&height=336]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1415228605_550_FT251499_d.jpg[/img]

Italian Flourish

[img:width=343&height=336]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1415228640_550_FT251499_d1.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Oh, Linda, those are so pretty!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.