Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW January 16th – development

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GinnyH
    GinnyH
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Hi ladies,

So this question is running along the theme of our RR this month and something Bec mentioned in a post the other day about where she wanted her scrapbooking to develop this year – new beginnings.

Its the start of a new year, where do you want to see your scrapbooking style/ skills going this year? Is there a new technique you want to do more off, do for the first time or develop more.
      I was looking back through my layouts for last weeks SQOTW question and surprised myself by seeing how my layouts/ style has changed and developed since I first started subscribing to Swirlydoos – I like it! I am very critical about my work and very often not completely convinced that I’ve done the best I could with it but lately those feelings are less. I want to continue my ‘Swirly style’ journey as this is what I love but I also get reminded by doing my ‘other’ DT that I don’t want to forget to jot those memories down about the layout. I do want to get some journaling in there too.

I see other peoples style changing too and enjoy watching all your journeys too!

ginny 🙂

Bec
      Bec
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Good question Ginny.

Yes like I mentioned before I want to use less mixed media this year, although that is going against the trend of whats popular right now. I feel that I really need to concentrate to make mixed media look good and I feel like I just make a mess and ruin the page.

I’d also like to improve my layout photography and editing skills. I’m never happy with how my layouts look in the photos. I can never get the lighting right either.

Peggy
        Peggy
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Bec, I hear you on the lighting, although I’ve gotten a bit better @tweaking with PSE.

Ginny, I read your question and decided to give it a few minutes of thought…

Okay, two things: I love to experiment and try new things (not all of them succeeding, of course, lol) and I plan to keep on doing that probably forever.
          But as for layouts, here’s what I’ve noticed about mine: no matter how much “stuff” I pull out in the beginning, I seem to be not quite minimalist, but pretty close to that. I end up with white space and not as much layering and embellishing as I used to. I don’t know why, but my pages seem to scream “done” at a certain point. I think I’m going to try to get back to more background stamping and stenciling, totally the opposite of Bec, isn’t it?

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

GinnyH
          GinnyH
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Bec, i think your mixed media work on your layouts is stunning! You always manage to add just the right amount of MM in just the right place. Yout balence between the MM and everything else on your page to me always seems spot on. Your work has always been an inspiration to me. I agree sometimes i want to do ‘cleaner’ layouts and they are equally beautiful but to me there is something very thereputic about ‘playing’ with ‘messy’ stuff! I cant wait to see your work this year!

ginny 🙂

GinnyH
            GinnyH
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I am witb Bec and Peggy on the photography thing. I’m never happy with my photots even after editing! My printer isnt helping though i dont think. It dosent seem to print with as much quality as i would like.

Peggy i have seen your style and work change, cleaner fresher, ‘less is more’ and i really like it, i find that so hard, and i liked i really like wjat you did before to!
              I think we have to keep changing to keep the mojo and creative mind going, its exciting though, right!?

ginny 🙂

Peggy
              Peggy
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Thanks, Ginny. Actually that’s what I love about the Round Robin challenge – having to think differently is a great kick to the mojo!!!!

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Peggy Peggy.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.