Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW-My favorite mistake

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Kathi Kathi 2 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    msjan1
    msjan1
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Mistakes, we’ve all made them. What is your favorite mistake? Share a picture if you want.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

LOL, okay, I’ll get back to you on that one…

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Sherrenae
        Sherrenae
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Not sure this is what you are going for but I have a friend who is NOT into scrapping at all, so I don’t typically discuss anything about it. Every year she and her family do a Christmas card usually a creative reenactment or interpretation of a holiday movie or song. I received mine one year and she was asking me about what I thought of it. I told her I was definitely going to scrap it. She got totally quiet as to the non scrap booker ear you can figure out she thought I was going to trash it. So now I try to watch my wording a little closer when speaking to the unenlightened.

msjan1
          msjan1
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

lol! That is funny!

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Yes, it is. I can hear the sudden silence, lol…

luv46kdz
              luv46kdz
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

That is funny!

I have to say the butterfly on this last tag challenge. At first it wasn’t coming like I saw in my head and as I was adding color I was getting frustrated. I gessoed over it and started again with my silks this time kinda just layering the colors and wound up so happy with it.

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Paula, that happens to be at times with the chippies. It just isn’t working like I envisioned so I just gesso over the mess and start over!

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Butterfly!!!! OMG, Paula, you just popped this into my head:

I was using the sticky-back canvas that came in this kit as my background and I wanted to give it a light scrape of gesso. (I was still trying to learn mixed media.) Anyway, let’s just say that it REALLY did not turn out the way I planned, leaving me with what my high school algebra teacher called a mell of a hess. I looked around and under things to find something to hide this ouchie and came up with these humungous butterflies. And there you have it, a happy accident that (I think) actually adds to the page.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Peggy Peggy.

luv46kdz
                    luv46kdz
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Peggy what an awesome oops ? This lo is beautiful ❤️

msjan1
                      msjan1
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Got another for this thread. I pulled off the top of the Soot TH Crackle Paint over the top of my background paper so I could paint a few spots. The darn paint started dribbling on my page. So, I just went with it and did dribbles all over.

Here’s a sneak only as it is part of the September reveal.

photo 7f7ef9a2-b307-4b62-ac3b-9418fe610fd7.jpg“>

Kathi
                        Kathi
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Love these oops!

take time to smell the roses

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.