Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW – stamps

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by droopidog droopidog 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Willea
    Willea
    Swirly Moderator
      Send PM

Ok, lasts weeks question was pretty hard to answer, so this week let’s talk about something easier (I hope!!). Let’s talk about stamps! πŸ™‚

I have lots and lots of stamps, and some of them I haven’t used for years (I bought so many in the beginning, when my scrappy style was more simple). Lately, I find myself using them more and more, and have also started to use them as a last touch (stamping here and there when my layout is almost finished), but I use them for background work too. How about you, do you stamp a lot? Do you have any tips to share?

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

You know, I’m like you – bought a lot of stamps in the beginning and now I keep on forgetting to use them!!!
        I don’t know why; I have a lot of really good background stamps. I think that I’m afraid to “commit” and not like the result once I slap a design down.
        Kim had a challenge a few months ago, asking us to use stamps to create our own ephemera and that was a lot of fun.
        I think I just may try to see if I can include some stamping in every project I make with the June kit. Who knows, I just may acquire a good habit!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Sherrenae
        Sherrenae
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I have a ton of stamps never used…if I get settled in to scrap on a more regular basis that is one of the things I want to play with some more. That is a good self challenge Peggy, may have to try that myself.

droopidog
          droopidog
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I love my stamps. I think I use them on almost all my layouts. I have narrowed down my stamps to my most favorite.

I don’t know, do we need a stamping tutorial series? You know starting with the basics and working our way up? I would be more than happy to do some more stamping tutorials to help you ladies blow the dust off your stamps.

Kim
            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
            http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

msjan1
            msjan1
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I have a lot of stamps too. I use them for backgrounds a lot now. I used to be worried about getting a clear, crisp, perfect image. Now, I don’t even put many of my stamps on a stamp block. I just use my hand to stamp around as I am not wanting a full, clean image. Parts of the image are what I want for backgrounds. And, stamping on top of other stamped images is fun. Or, stamping then embossing another image on top.

Like Kim, I have some favorites that just stay out on my desk.

Merrihew
              Merrihew
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I don’t have a ton of stamps, but I have more than I use! That’s for sure! I really love my texture stamps and I have some flower stamps that I can die cut the images. I love those. I just need to use them more! A tutorial on stamping would be awesome, Kim! I just kind of do whatever, so it might be nice to know what I can actually do with them.

luv46kdz
                luv46kdz
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I have my background stamps that I use, but I have so many that I don’t use like I should

Maggi43
                  Maggi43
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I have a drawer full of stamps, many I got in kits,a few I bought. I don’t stamp much other than with texture type stamps and I don’t use them alot. I never seem to achieve the look I want I got a lot of stamps in my G45 DT package so I know I need to use them more but eh, just can’t get into the whole coloring thing and not so sure how to use these G45 stamps otherwise. h I could use them in the background in a limited way but think I need to use them mroe than that. I guess it’s something new I need to conquer.

Kathi
                    Kathi
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Stamping and I have never been friends. Have a ton, use every once in awhile

take time to smell the roses

Paulien
                      Paulien
                      Swirly Moderator
                        Send PM

Ohhhh, I love my stamps! But, I need to use them more often.

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I love my stamps. I think I use them on almost all my layouts. I have narrowed down my stamps to my most favorite.

I don’t know, do we need a stamping tutorial series? You know starting with the basics and working our way up? I would be more than happy to do some more stamping tutorials to help you ladies blow the dust off your stamps.

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-384577″ style=”display: none;”>droopidog</span>Quote

Kim, that’s a good idea!!!!!
                          (I think I just may start a topic on the Suggestions Forum, is that okay?)

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

droopidog
                          droopidog
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

That’s fine Peggy.

Kim
                            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
                            http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.