Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW: Trending

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone! I'm posting this a bit early as I have training for work all week and won't be able to get here until late tomorrow evening.

My question for you this week is what do you see for the future trends in scrap booking?

My answer to this question is more mixed media, but I also see alot of graphic simple type scrapping. Some of the new paper lines released are really cutesy type graphics…something that I personally don't use a lot of. If you are into to the mixed media end you can always take that cutesy paper and make it your own by adding mixed media to it.

Tell me what you thin, can't wait to hear!!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Good question, Debbie!!!!

You're right about the cutsie, and I'm seeing a lot of clean & simple over at SBC. On the other hand, the Finn style is still pretty popular on Facebook.

Prima seems to be joining the mixed media bandwagon, so I have a feeling that this will be here to stay for quite a while.
      I'm glad – I love playing with goop.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I'm not sure! It seems like there are definite differences with what people like- either the clean and simple and project life, or the elegant with some mixed media. I think they are both going strong, branching outward from each other.

Snagg1
          Send PM

Wow, great ? 🙂 It's hard to say. The easte Euro crew still loves the misting and splatting to oblivion, I am seeing a lot of watercolor paper being used and made to ones own liking. Who knows, I suck at figuring out trends. Lol

It does seem to be going in two different directions, which is probably good. There is plenty of room for both. We'll just stick with the messy stuff here in Swirly land. No clean and simple or pockets for us.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I like a mixture leaning more on the mixed media side…that seems to be my new style..if and when I get some mojo!!!! LOL

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I don't think clean and simple, like project life is going to take away mixed media any time soon. I am a mixed media person. If I don't like a paper, I make it my own.

Hard to say… but messy backgrounds clean and simple together is what I see a lot of. I personally don´t like it.

The mixed media is here to stay and there is so many ways to use it. ( love it)

I also noticed that it´s less flowers on pages ( but I won´t stop using mine LOL )

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I have to admit that I've purchased some pocket style pages just to get my everyday photos done and in an album. I want to spend the majority of my time doing mixed media type layouts and altering items, but there's no way I could do it for all the photos I have. So this simplifies things a bit for me and allows me to get both done.

I agree Maja, flowers seem to be disappearing, but never for me either! 🙂

I did a pocket style scrapbook for a special trip, one of those once in a lifetime things, where you want to keep all the pictures. There's no way to mixed media them all. I created a few pages for the best photos, and just put the rest in the pockets.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I love my flowers and will always use them…lol!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

What!!! Flowers are disappearing…I'm with Angelica I will always use them. I have done a few LO's without them but most LO's just call for flowers. I Love Flowers.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM
                      So Maggie and I were chatting on the phone today about trends, the kiddie style graphic styles, the LACK of Elegant
                      Swirly Worthy lines etc.

We agree that mixed media is here to stay – at least for a while. And that's OKAY! We can always lea new techniques and add new dimension to our pages right?

But you know what I MISS???? (And I'm sure i'm not the only one) I MISS going through my
                      albums and reliving the photos, or the moment in time, or

the story. I miss the joualing that went along with it (I absolutely ADORED hidden joualing). Back when scrapbooking was about preserving the
                      memory, not just creating a frame worthy layout – know what I mean? THAT'S what
                      scrapbooking was about. THAT'S what scrapbooking was FOR! Now, so many people have
                      diverted from that and are creating artful masterpieces on a 12×12 paper canvas, and the stories are getting lost. I think this may be

why the industry is in a bit of a funk. There is only so much wall space on which to hang your art piece… and our albums have stopped telling our stories… I am going to make an honest effort to get back to the basics with my scrapbooking. I want to remember the goofy thingsmy kids said and did, and yes, I'll still make my art pieces – but they wont consume
                      every page of my album
                      anymore…

width=600

Someday, you will stop crawling in bed with me to snuggle in the wee hours of the moing. Someday, you'll no longer need me to kiss your ouchies, or give you butterfly kisses at bedtime. Someday, you'll stop asking for snuggles and squishy squishy squeezins. Someday, you won't want soft tickles on your tummy. Someday, you'll stop calling me mommy, and start calling me mom. Someday, you're going to grow up. Most days… I try not to think about someday.

width=600

I wasn’t there when my daughter was bo. Well, let me re-phrase; I wasn’t “awake” when Ashli was bo. Because of
                      the serious distress that she was in, I was put under general anesthesia
                      for my c-section. I awoke a few hours later and was told about a precious little girl who despite
                      the obstacles stacked against her, was going to be okay. I didn’t get to hold her until the next
                      day. 

When you were bo my dear son, it was also an emergency c-section. You too were in distress. But somehow, this time I was going to be awake. I was going to actually “be there” when one of my kids was bo. I was mortified! It was a
                      terrifying ordeal (to know you are being gutted like a fish, while you are conscious). The anesthesiologist kept my mind off of the scalpels by talking
                      to me through the entire surgery, which was quite long because of the cerclage removal and
                      repair before they delivered you. At exactly 6:25 p.m. she looked at me and said, “That’s your
                      baby!” I could hear you crying, but at first it just didn’t click that it was YOU! I looked
                      immediately to my right searching for you. When they brought you around that curtain so I could see you, my heart just
                      FLOODED! You were PERFECT, and amazing, and so big yet so small!
                      That cry (which I never got to hear from Ashli) was like winning a race I had been running all my life. My whole world just stopped right there in that operating room. I watched them clean you
                      up and take your footprints, and watched daddy take a ton of pictures. Then they swaddled you up and brought you to me. They laid you next to my head and I was finally able to exhale. I
                      closed my eyes, pressed my lips to your cheek and just breathed you. You are the most amazing little miracle, and that
                      was the most amazing experience I have ever had the pleasure of being awake for! 
                      I love you Mason.

width=600

Me: *Groans* 
                      You: You OK momma
                      Me: Oh honey, mommy's back just hurts
                      You: OKAY! OKAY! OKAY! I go get my lickstick 
                      You: *Run to your room and grab your pink plastic lickstick and come running back* 
                      You: *Rub the lickstick all over my back* 
                      You: All better momma
                      Me: Yes honey *smile* It's ALL better now!

The story of the lickstick: 
                      It all started when I got a cold sore on my lip a few months ago. Everytime you saw me putting
                      blistex on my lips, you wanted me to put some 'lickstick' on YOU too! I had to keep explaining
                      that you couldn't have THIS lickstick, because it was mommy's medicine. Ever since that day,
                      you truly believe that your pink plastic tube of lickstick is the cure-all for every owie in our home. You know what
                      sweetheart? It REALLY does work! I love you.

width=600

I begged and I prayed, for one more day with you. Those prayers 
                      were answered, though we don't know for how long. It is gut 
                      wrenching to watch such a stoic and proud animal whimper 
                      for the help you need just to stand up. We see the light still 
                      gleaming in your eyes, we see the spirit of a puppy ever present 
                      in your sweet face. We are selfishly not ready to say goodbye to 
                      our protector, our friend, our baby whom we have loved and who 
                      has loved us honestly and completely your entire life. Tears pour 
                      from my eyes at the very thought of a single day passing without 
                      you in our home. My sweet Dukers, so long as that light dances in 
                      your eyes we will be fighting for your life and doing what it takes to 
                      make you better. We will be holding on to hope, we will be holding 
                      on to you. 
                      We love you sweet boy. 

THAT is what scrapbooking was about…

You are so right Krissy!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

These layouts and joualling are just so perfect Krissy and it is so true, we do tend to forget about scrapping the memory not just the photos!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.