Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Staycationing

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I'll be vacationing next week at home but will be checking in here and there.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Staycationing…My favorite thing to do! Have to remember to call it that! How cute! Have a Wonderful Week!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I loved staycations when I was working!! Its so nice to have some time to putter about the house and enjoy your home.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
          Send PM

I have my mom and nieces visiting from N.Y. So we do the cali tourist thing which is a fun staycation 🙂 Hollywood here we come ;)

Enjoy your break!

We built a new home 2 years ago so I don't get enough of it yet. Looking forward to scrapping and some purging and reorganization.

Staycations don't work too well for us. I think it is because we live where we work. DH tries to relax, but he always thinks of something that needs to be done and he's off! Then it ends up just being me relaxing. So, we have better luck with daycations. Just getting away somewhere for the day, seems to help him relax and he can't take off to check on this or that! LOL!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

We used to do part stay, part away when the kids were small.
            Part of the two weeks were spent at my parent's house; at the time, that was a 8 – 9 hour drive when you add in rest stops.
            The rest was spent more or less locally, but as we lived on Staten Island, we were a ferry ride away from Manhattan and museums and neighborhoods and parks and…
            When we moved to New Jersey, New York was (is) still a short hop away, Philadelphia about an hour or so. Once every year, we'd leave around 5:00 am and be in Washington, DC early enough to grab the free parking under the Smithsonian museum and we'd spend the entire day as tourists!

Snagg1
              Send PM

I'd be happy with either-just to not be at work would be great!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Peggy I'd love to see all the tourist things in New York!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I just got back from a staycation! And my DH had to work so it was QT with my kids, loved it!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

My husband's busy time for work is during the summer and fall, so we have never been able to take summer vacations. I don't mind though, coz I love being able to have a staycation and enjoy my yard before winter comes.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Peggy I'd love to see all the tourist things in New York!

I don't blame you!!!!
                      Frankly, that's the best thing about living where I do: I'm just a short hop to the best city in the world!!!!! (IMHO, of course.)

We are doing a staycation this year also. We just got 13 new windows in our home so we have to put it back in order and will be taking the time to reorganize my scraproom. On some days we will go sightseeing in downtown DC

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Crystal, Washington DC is one of those cities that you can visit forever and still find something new to see!!!!
                        And I love the Smithsonian!!!!

Snagg1
                          Send PM

Yes,the hubs and I want to go for a weekend-I've never been there!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.