Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews Tattered Angels…

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hey girls, I was browsing SB.com…updating my Wishlist for Christmas :P

Anyways…has anyone purchased or used the Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam? Is it paint, textured…etc?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I have some, haven't used it yet. However, the texture is is pretty much like the mist, except you paint it on and it has tons more glitter to it. It seems to be a tad thicker than the mist to me.

Kim

Peggy used it a recent LO!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Got some in the Nov tech kit, it is alot like the Mist but with a brush. You might get a very similar effect painting on Glimmer mist. It is thin, like mist, but maybe a bit heavier.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

you can also do resists with the glam. Paint it on, spray glimmer mist over and wipe off the glimmer mist. It gives more depth and is very cool

I have a bottle and really like it…

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I love the Glam and the Glaze! I got hooked with the bottle of Glaze we got in the Nov. tech kit and then they had it 30% off at SBC the other day so I ordered a bunch. It is awesome stuff! It is easier to paint with than the mist as it seems to stay mixed longer and is maybe a tad thicker. The colors are beautiful and the brush is a really handy little size. I played around a bit with layering the colors (on some scrap) and was getting some great effects. Actually I used it on my Sketch Challenge entry. The Artisan Elements frame. I used All That Jazz and then Sugar Cane which gave is a slight antique effect. The Glaze is a very fine glittery pearlescent and the Glitter Glam has more of a glittery look. It's great that it's watery because for painting something like the laser-cut DA chip title youit can just glop it on and it runs into all the little nooks and crannies. I used the Glam on that and now I want more colors of that as well. !lol

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

ooo sounds cool!!! Thanks for letting me know ladies, I'll be investing in some of that! I've tried painting the Glimmer and I just loose patience, lol so this stuff sounds more up my alley! 🙂

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Oh yeah I can't wait for my Dusty Attic to get here so I can Glam and Glaze like a fiend!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Oh yeah I can't wait for my Dusty Attic to get here so I can Glam and Glaze like a fiend!

I have some dusty attic coming too…cant wait…I guess I better pick up some glam and glaze lol

thanks for the info. Now i'll just have to spend more $$$$ on the glam & glaze

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

no but you can make this with clear glaze, a bit of water, and perfect pearls or pearl ex.

good to know!!

Enlighten me on what exactly clear glaze is??? I'm a relic from the past scrapping daze and I'm light years behind you gals.
                    Is that like using Glossy Accents and adding the powder?

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Sorry, just saw this thread. Love, love. love the glaze; just be careful to give a stir every time you dip in the brush because it tends to settle very quickly. Love the glam, but not as much as the glaze, it settles waaaaay too quickly. It works best if you shake it an immediately pour a little out; otherwise you're not going to get much of the sparkle.
                      Anyway, awesome stuff!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.