Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Tattered Angels?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have only just got back into scrapping again so have been stocking up on the Glimmermist…my question is why is it that the light colours ie. gold, silver, old lace seem to have a watery effect leaves a puddle if you know what I mean rather than an actual mist is it just me.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist doesn't seem to have the pigment or opacity of some of the other mists available today. My personal favorite is Smooch Spritz – http://www.swirlydoos.com/store/mists-1.html because you get much more color coverage and you don't need to use a ton of spritz to reach your desired effect.

Tattered angels seems to me to have more glimmer & shimmer but if you want to get the color coverage you really have to use a bunch of the liquid. 

That being said, you also need to be sure you are shaking and spraying your Glimmer mists properly or they can have a tendency to splotch or pool up, though that's not always a BAD thing – it can lead to some really cool results. 

Play around with different mist products from different vendors. You'll find that you are more comfortable with some than others.  Good luck!  ;D

Thanks Krissy will have to try different manufacturers.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Krissy's right…. if you are looking for 'shimmer' than Glimmermist is good…. if you are looking for 'color'…. you might want to try something else….. 🙂

I am a glimmer mist addict and some colors tend to be more shimmer and less color so you can see the colored background and just add shimmer to your page. If you have air in the sprayer when you spray that is how you get the splotches or water drop effect on your page. If you do not like that effect than spray once off the page and spray the next time on your page and the dropletts will not happen or be greatly reduced.There is also glimmer glam and glimmer glaze which you can apply with paint brushes and one comes with a built in brush and they have more color and a lot of shimmer. Hugs Tracy

Thanks so much for the info will invest in some glam me thinks 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.