Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Flower Tutorials Tattered flower from cardstock and woven paper.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I really liked that music paper that came in the March kit but everytime I tried to use it, well it just didn't work. So I thought it would be fun to make a flower with it. Here's what I came up with.

I have a video tute on my blog, here's a link: http://scraptravelbark.blogspot.com/2014/05/cardstock-and-woven-paper-flower.html

I'll link directly to the video, as soon as I figure how to do that!
      [img:width=599&height=511]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1400344482_312_FT0_remember_tar_river_bridgeclose_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=551]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1400344482_312_FT0_tissue_flower_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=589]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1400344555_312_FT0_remember_tar_river_bridgecopy_.jpg[/img]

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Maggie, that flower is gorgeous! And so is your layout! You make me wanna play with that kit…. I haven't touched it yet!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

The flower is even prettier in person. Beautiful page Maggi!

Love this, Maggi! The perfect flowers for a LO of my dgd's piano recital! Thanks so much!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks everyone! Oh Cheryl, that would be perfect for a piano recital page!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

As one of those who were lucky to see that flower come together in person, yeah, it is GORGEOUS!!!!!!
              Great video, Maggi & thanks for the clear gesso tip. Between that and the one about using it with mists, I suppose I really should get me some…

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Mod Podge might work? I haven't tried it so maybe, maybe not. And as I said, you can do it without gesso but the petals wrinkle up really quick and all of a sudden so you have to really really pay attention to what you are doing. It was much easier to do with the gessoed flowers.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Love that flower Maggi and the layout!

Gorgeous flower, I tried that with my flowers on the round robin, but yours is sooo much nicer!! and the bling in the middle just finishes. Love this LO.

Wow, that is one GORGEOUS flower Maggi! Thanks so much for the video too!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Thanks so much ladies. Here's another idea. Spray the music paper with whatever color you wish, dry, and they coat with gesso. The color would be more intense that way.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I agree….much prettier in person! And I got a chance to watch the creation first hand!!! Love it!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

It's hard to believe it looks even prettier than it does here! That was a great tutorial Maggi!

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Spray, dry & gesso – great idea!!!!

Linda, seriously, it really does!!!! Maggi gave this so much pretty shimmer that doesn't show up here, so gorgeous!!!!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

The flower on the LO is prettier than the one in the video. I think that is in part because I used a different flower die that is really lacey. I also think spraying and then gessoing will look nicer, though I haven't tried it yet. Working on another LO right now and I think I'll try that. I'll let you know how that works out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.