Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Terrible fires

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

There are horrible fires all over Texas this moing. The air is filled with smoke and the smell of smoke permeates the air this moing. It's amazing to me that I've not seen one thing on the news about the fires that have destroyed hundreds of thousand of acres. The Encino ranch near San Angelo has bued over 10,000 acres. One report said that there were dozens of houses destroyed and horses were on fire. I just can't imagine!!! In far West Texas, fires have swept through Big Bend National Park destroying homes and animals. A lot of this land is ranch land with cattle grazing in open fields. There is not much hope of rescuing those range animals. The fires are speading too rapidly.
    Please pray for rain for us. I've never seen this happen before, and I've lived through some dry times.

And what's up with my AVI?

It's looking like it's going to be a bad year for weather/fires. Stuff seems to be worse than usual and coming earlier than usual.
    Stay safe

as for AVI–seems anything related to photobucket is down this moing. It's like this on every site I've been to this moin. If the photo is linked backed to PB then that message is up

We have had our share too, I am surprised that we haven't heard of the TX fires here.

So dry. 🙁

Snagg1
      Send PM

You all stay safe!! I have no idea what type of summer we will be dealing with. It was 85 yesterday and it is 50 today. Gotta love spring in NY

Praying that the rain gets spread around in nice even amounts this year! Not too little and not too much!…and enough to put out the fires!

The fires were on the inteet this am. Stay safe!!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

yes stay safe they look so bad

I am sorry to hear about this, esp. the poor animals. I hope you and yours stay safe.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Ohhhh my. Stay safe!

your fires even made our local NC newspaper.
          keeping you in thoughts

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Oh, Debbie, stay safe. I'll be praying that all of you in TX and OK get some relief with rain!!!!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Debbie – we see a little on the news, butseems the only Cal. get the big news on fires. Praing that you sta safe and we get rain soon. Have you seenthe poor bluebonnets this year? They look anemic from lack of rain.

Debbie – we see a little on the news, butseems the only Cal. get the big news on fires. Praing that you sta safe and we get rain soon. Have you seenthe poor bluebonnets this year? They look anemic from lack of rain.

You are right Joy….100K acres have bued in Texas the past two weeks, and there is a 15 second blurb on the national news along with other headlines. I had to go to the inteet myself to hear about a fire that has bued over 10K acres in my own backyard!!! It just like the Texas fires are not that important???? They are happening in every section of the State. I guess we will make the evening news when a major city like Houston or San Antonio is threatened???? Kinda pisses me off!!

Update Sunday night: The fires close to the city are contained. The fires are buing hot and furious to the northeast of us about 25 miles. There are two communities that are facing evacuation and school has been canceled in two small towns. There just doesn't seem to be an end to this.

There is rain in the forecast for Thurs and Fri. Pray, pray, pray!! We desperately need showers from heaven.

Terrible…We go through the fires every once in a while as well. I will pray for rain!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.