Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff These kinds of Moms

This topic contains 37 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I would love to be able to do something like that. Seems like I would never have the time 🙁

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh that is so sweet but I agree time factor

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I have a friend that does stuff like that. It's cool, but it's sooooo time consuming, and I'd rather just spend that time with my kids doing something special.

all I can say is, wow!

I decided long ago that I was never going to win mom of the year
        despite that my kids seem well rounded and happy

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I'm going with Christy on this one. I'd rather take that wasted time and take my kids to Disneyland or Seaworld or even the Jumpy Place down the street and goof off with them…. though that party WAS awesome! Too bad JD wasn't there!

notice how the mad hatter had bandage on his hands? that's cuz they were UP ALL NIGHT WITH THAT CRAZY SH!T!! NO SLEEP FOR THEM!!
          that would make me cranky, and they would take away my 'mom of the year' award.
          just sayin

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Yep. I gave the basic pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey parties with store bought hats and favors. Well, the cakes were homemade from scratch, but that was about it.
            And I agree, the time I spent on the floor teaching them blocks and coloring and just pretending was worth far more than theme parties with all sorts of CRAZY SHIT.
            Just MHO of course :p

Thanks ladies!!!! You know how to make a girl feel better!

[img:width=76&height=54]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1288785617_38_FT46117_27920.gif[/img]

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Not better, just realistic. Actually, I didn't mean to criticize, just point out that those of us who don't (or can't) do that kind of thing are NOT inadequate.

It's the time and the love you give!!! Not all that other stuff. Nothing wrong with it! But, I have found the simple things mean the most!!!

OH….and that party, are you freaking kidding??? I hope they had guests?

Not better, just realistic. Actually, I didn't mean to criticize, just point out that those of us who don't (or can't) do that kind of thing are NOT inadequate.

I agree. I also came to realize one very important thing in life after living with a roommate in college that most viewed as perfect…..many things are NOT as they appear. Not as perfect, not as rosey, not as June Cleaver-esque, and asbolutely not as Grace Kellyish, Martha Stewart. Nope, there are many deep dark secrets people harbor, illnesses, serious family problems.

I am satisfied being me with my tiny little imperfections and flaws , but balanced all the same.

All I can say is holy cow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.