Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers thick pages

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

how do you get everything in a book? Ever since I started using the flowers and stuff my pages are an inch thick. Any tips?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
        Send PM

D-Ring albums. Those are the only albums that work for me.

This is a question that all of us ask at one time or another. I think that some smart Savage should invent a new album to fit our pages. I'm still not happy with any method yet. I think I'm liking a ribbon tied through the holes and just tied as well as anything to date. %-6

This is a question that all of us ask at one time or another. I think that some smart Savage should invent a new album to fit our pages. I'm still not happy with any method yet. I think I'm liking a ribbon tied through the holes and just tied as well as anything to date. %-6

Deb, I've adopted Lisa G's approach…mine are piled in a coer. I've been on this elusive search to find the perfect book to hold these pages, and it does not yet exist. My mom suggested using those D rings and tuing it into a coffee table book…left open like a book. I guess it's not a bad idea since most coffee table books are art books. It wouldn't work if you have kids. Like you, I'm looking for perfection but don't think we're going to find it. I like the 12 x 12 box idea one of our members had, I think it was Lisa N (not certain), but I will still have a storage problem with that. But, if I'm piling them in a coer those 12 x 12 boxes, just might work. LOL.

Okay, I HAVE 3 D-ring AC albums. They are good. BUT, I don't use them. I stack mine in a cabinet, I plan on making a display.

Okay, I HAVE 3 D-ring AC albums. They are good. BUT, I don't use them. I stack mine in a cabinet, I plan on making a display.

Ah, a display would be awesome. Some are just too pretty to put away and not be seen.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

the only display that i have for really thinck ones is a shadow box from M's

Since I scrap travel pics the D-rings don't work for me either . they are not large enough to hold an entire trip. I still use post bound albums and just buy extension post to make the album bigger.

My really thick ones are in frames and hung on my scraproom walls

yep, I frame the thick ones too. I probably have 12 hanging now and need to get more frames.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I need more frames too!!!! 🙂

me three!!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I use both d-rings and post type. I just don't back to back the layouts. Only use the front sides. Joualing goes on the backs.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh, and I leave the most recent creation out on display in a table top easel for a little while – until the next one is ready. Then it goes into the book and, yes, gets squished.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Personally I can't even fit mine in a 12X12 page protector but I wonder if that's because my flower was a little off the one side of my page. hmmm….I'm going to try with my cabaret page which is also pretty thick.

Also, if you store your pages flat they will eventually cause warping and indentations. I know this from experience. I have started standing my albums up against the wall in my living room.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Adriana, try shaving about 1/8 off your paper on two sides (like an L so that your layout is actually 11-7/8 square) before starting. You won't believe the difference it makes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.