Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Timmy H. mat

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Alzheimer's is rearing it's ugly head again, and I can't think of the right term for that mat that he uses to work on for misting, gluing and working on messy projects??

Why wouldn't one of those mats that you buy at Bed, Bath and Beyond to put in your oven to keep spills from buing in the bottom of your oven work just as well??? Can't think of the name of those either. I guess I've inhaled too much smoke and it's clouded my brain….

The Ranger mat is called a non-stick Craft sheet. It wipes clean and can be reused over & over it is also heat resistant. i don't think those oven mats would work as well

I bought one of those teflon type sheets for the bottom of my oven and it looks to be made of the same stuff as the craft sheets….just twice as thick and black.
    I think they would work really well…they withstand high heat, and I witnessed boiled over cherry pie filling that popped right off the oven mat after it cooled (it was awesome…and I was beside myself with excitement!) The oven mats are bigger than the craft mats, so would protect a larger surface. The only drawback I thought of was that my oven mat is black, and I wouldn't be able to tell if I had some stray ink on it…but I am almost positive I have seen lighter colored ones somewhere.
    If you don't already have a non stick craft mat (can't imagine being without one (or two) any more) I would definitely give the oven mats a try…they are larger and I think almost half the price.

Thanks Stacy….I was thinking the same thing. I also think I've seen them in a gray color. I'm going to look and see what I can find. They might even have them at Target or WallyWorld. Now…I'm excited!!

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond today and bought a Silpat sheet. It's looks like burlap with a border. IT's just about the same size as Timmy's mat, and the cost was $18.99. I think it will work just fine, and I didn't have to order it.

(Besides, I can bake cookies on it when I need too….Bonus!!)

OMG Debbie…Your cookies are going to look artful!!!! I love my Timmy nonstick craftmat..Looooove it!!!! I am tempted to get the Tattered Angels really big pink one..Just to expensive. Like 50 bucks…

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I just use a cheapo white vinyl tablecloth I picked up at Walmart. I cut it up into smaller sizes to make it easier to work on. It wipes clean no problem and since it's only a couple of dollars I can throw it away and buy new if I ever need to.

Not sure if this would work for what you want though…

I don't see why that wouldn't work…just be careful with really hot stuff. It might melt.

That's what makes Tims mat so great; it can withstand a heat gun.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

What Kathi said about the heat; that's a huge, huge plus!!!!!
        Also, mine is at least 2-1/2 years old and no longer pretty but it seems to want to last forever. Once in a while, I take it into the kitchen and wash it down with detergent to get rid of any remaining residue, otherwise, some mopping up with baby wipes and paper towels works for inks, paints, glue, whatever I throw at it.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

yep I LOOOOOOOOVE mine too! I just cleaned mine last night and told hubby I can't imagine not having one now. I do everything on that thing.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Did you know that Ranger sells them as a custom order? You can get one the size of your entire table if you wanted!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I keep a roll of paper towels and a spray bottle close at hand, just like Timmy, LOL!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Did you know that Ranger sells them as a custom order? You can get one the size of your entire table if you wanted!!

wow, that would be awesome!

I had to trash mine…after years of service and me accidentally cutting it…I had to let it go…but NOW I can't find them! EEKK!! I bought a Wilson non-stick mat, it is cool, but not heat resistant, so I am still looking.

I too want a TA one, but holy smokes!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.