Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Title and Journaling HELP

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Does anyone else have a hard time with these? For me they are the most difficult part. I really struggle with feeling like everything sounds trite or over-wraught. I also really hate putting it on the page and am thinking about doing it on the back. Any tips or advice is appreciated Thanks!

I'm not one for much joualing either. I have done hidden joualing. Use a joualing tag and stick in behind your photo or one of your paper layers. Here is a good website for titles
      http://www.creativecraftsandstickers.com/tag/scrapbook-titles

I don't do too much joualing on the front. I don't really like how it looks on my layouts.When I get around to it I am going to do it the way Pat had mentioned awhile back. Put the joualing on a piece of cardstock on the back of the previous page so when you have your book open the layout is on the right and the joualing is on the left.
      Someday….sigh

someday, me too, same thing with the joualing. as for titles, if one doesn't come to mind, i either go title-less, or what ever lyric is playing that fits best

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I always have a hard time with titles. I try to find on that conveys a feeling. I like to keep my joualing private..so it's always hidden on the back.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I lot of times, the title comes to me as I'm assembling the page, other times I've had a title in mind based on the photo.
          As for joualing, not so much. I keep a MS Word file for every layout and add to it as I go along, jotting down the products and anything else that comes to mind. I sort of edit that and use it to describe my uploads. I print it out and stick it in the back of the page.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I lot of times, the title comes to me as I'm assembling the page, other times I've had a title in mind based on the photo.
            As for joualing, not so much. I keep a MS Word file for every layout and add to it as I go along, jotting down the products and anything else that comes to mind. I sort of edit that and use it to describe my uploads. I print it out and stick it in the back of the page.

What a great idea! Thanks!

Peggy…WOW! That's really being organized!!

The hidden or none is the way I go!! If your going to the trouble of scrapping the page, chances are it's a special photo and those I remember! Alot of the others I'm just scrapping cause? dunno their CUTE:)

If I were to joual it would be hidden. But Lisa has done some winding joualing on a few of her pages….around embellishments! That's cute too.

I do need to get better about dates though, I like to have the kids ages….those I don't remember!

Does anyone else have a hard time with these? For me they are the most difficult part. I really struggle with feeling like everything sounds trite or over-wraught. I also really hate putting it on the page and am thinking about doing it on the back. Any tips or advice is appreciated Thanks!

Dont look to me for answers..That is my BIGGEST challenge….
            i really struggle with titles!! sorry honey..

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Peggy…WOW! That's really being organized!!

The hidden or none is the way I go!! If your going to the trouble of scrapping the page, chances are it's a special photo and those I remember! Alot of the others I'm just scrapping cause? dunno their CUTE:)

If I were to joual it would be hidden. But Lisa has done some winding joualing on a few of her pages….around embellishments! That's cute too.

I do need to get better about dates though, I like to have the kids ages….those I don't remember!

Tina, it's not so much organized as compensation for what Kathi calls Sometimers. Seriously.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Peggy, I agree with Tina, that is really organized. LOL

I have a hard time with titles and joualing as well. It's not that I don't want to, I can never find a way to work it onto my page. The first joualing I've done that I was happy with was on last month's sketch challenge. Sometimes things just flow and work; a title pops in my head the minute I take a picture, etc.

Or, and don't laugh….I start to get all teary-eyed when I start to joual and then think it is too personal to put out there. So, putting your joualing on the back or hiding it is a good idea.

Sorry girlfriend, wish I had the magic formula for you.

joueling..what's joueling??????

Since i do mostly travel LO's I think they speak for themselves. If there is a cute story about a particular place i hide it behind a pic,

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Peggy, I agree with Tina, that is really organized. LOL

I have a hard time with titles and joualing as well. It's not that I don't want to, I can never find a way to work it onto my page. The first joualing I've done that I was happy with was on last month's sketch challenge. Sometimes things just flow and work; a title pops in my head the minute I take a picture, etc.

Or, and don't laugh….I start to get all teary-eyed when I start to joual and then think it is too personal to put out there. So, putting your joualing on the back or hiding it is a good idea.

Sorry girlfriend, wish I had the magic formula for you.

A lot of my joualing is too personal. I use hidden joualing a lot.

I don't put many titles on my LO's. and rare is it that I joual. I'm not that deep and emotional, I am not sentimental…..oh gosh, I think I may be tuing into a man.

But I an ok with jotting on the back.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.