Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Prayer Requests Trying to be strong

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I still can't believe this has happened. My beautiful and loving fur baby Cozmo has passed away. He was just 2 months shy of tuing 5yrs old. On Wed night I had to take him to the animal hospital because he just wasn't looking and acting his normal playful self.
    To make a long story short, he was diagnosed with an auto immune disease and after his second blood transfusion the vet said he must've formed a blood clot which made him going into cardiac arrest. He passed away on Saturday night. And the worst part about this is we were already planning his retu home on Sunday because he seemed to be coming out of this funk of his.
    My husband and I are broken hearted..we have no children and he was like our child bringing so much joy into our lives.
    I hugged him, kissed him and whispered to him how much we loved him..when they brought us his body to view.
    I'm so sad and mad and depressed. Life is so damn unfair..I just feel like my husband and I can't catch a break you know.
    Some of you may know our difficulties in having children..and now this?! I don't get it..
    Oh and to top it off..I'm fkn furloughed and not getting paid, the vet bill in itself was outrageous! But I would do it all over again, if it meant trying to save my Cozmo.

Damn, I think I just vented some.. so I apologize ladies in advance for any tardiness on my projects. It's been the worst week ever.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

PM'd you and just want you to know that you and DH are in my prayers, Erica.

Oh, Erica! So sorry for your loss! Our fur babies are so much a part of our families and it is so hard to lose one! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Erica, I am so sorry for your loss. I too feel our cats are our fur babies and I know how difficult it is to lose one – even more so when they are so young. My thoughts are with you and your husband

So so sad. :'(. My thoughts are with you and your husband. Very difficult time when you lose a loved one.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

HUGS, Erica. Life is throwing some crappy things your way. I am sorry about your baby. I had a very hard time when both of my old cats passed, so I understand that heartbreak- it's real, whether it's a fur baby or not.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Oh my goodness Erica! I'm so sorry honey! I understand how broken hearted you must be right now.

On the furlough front…I'm in the same boat. Except I'm an exempted employee which means I'm required to go to work every day and not get paid. 'MURICA!

Hang in there sweetie.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I'm so sorry Erica! Hugs and praters for you and your hubby!

Oh my goodness Erica! I'm so sorry honey! I understand how broken hearted you must be right now.

On the furlough front…I'm in the same boat. Except I'm an exempted employee which means I'm required to go to work every day and not get paid. 'MURICA!

Hang in there sweetie.

Thank you ladies for all your prayers, it really means alot. !heart !heart

And Adriana..I am considered one of those lucky essential employees..that gets to work for free as well. Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket..with my luck I'll probably trip on my way to get the ticket and fall face first in a pile of doggy do-do. :O

Snagg1
              Send PM

Wow Erica that is a sad story. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It is so hard to lose a pet anytime but especially in such an unexpected and sudden way. Sending you a hug. I hope things improve on the shutdown front. It is so frustrating the way our govement goes in circles and gets nowhere. Take care.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I'm so sorry for your loss Erica…we love our two cats so much they are our fur babies. Lots of {{{{hugs}}} and warm healing energy going your way sweetie.

Oh Erica, I'm so sorry for your loss honey. Sending you a big hug and hoping that everything tus around soon.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Aaawwwhh, I'm so sorry to hear this, our fur babies are our other children and a big part of out family! Big Hugs!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your fur baby!!! I will definitely keep you and your dh in my prayers

Oh Erica – I have tears in my eyes. I don't know what I would do without my fur baby. My heart is breaking for you. I can only tell you that I am thinking of you and sending you hugs.
                    WOW – if I am this upset, I can only imagine. I really do not have anything productive of uplifting to say, just know someone else is out here sharing in your grief for (with) you!
                    XOXO
                    Ginger
                    !heart

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.