Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Video tutorials

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I'm just wondering how you all do your video tutorials. I've done numerous tutorials on drawing graphics on the computer with Paint Shop Pro (http://www.unicodesigns.ca/tutorial.html) but I've never done a video one. I really hate the way my voice sounds to me which is probably why I don't do them, lol. Anyway I figured I should get with it and figure out how to do this. I need to know what you use to make the video, camera, web cam etc and how you do the text on top of the video and that sort of stuff Any help is really appreciated. 🙂

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Well, I have a video camera (Sony Bloggie) and a small tripod that I bought from amazon. I would say the biggest issue for me has bee the editing program you use. I use iMovie because I am lucky enough to have a Mac. The Windows one was a huge pain for me.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I do have a video camera, I should dig it out and see if my tripod will work for it.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Steph we are all our worst critics!! I'm sure your voice is gorgeous babe.

I actually use my iphone and use my dress form as a tripod to hold it. I know…totally ghetto right? But it works great.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

LOL!! That's cool, Andie!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I could use my iphone but no dress form that would hold it, lol.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I'm sure u could find something to rigg up Steph. Ur totally creative honey. Look around.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

The tripod I have is small- I actually bought it for my iPhone. Here is the link from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/iStabilizer-Flex-Smartphone-Flexible-Tripod/dp/B0056C4WN8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363133002&sr=8-3&keywords=iphone+tripod

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Thanks Rae, I'll check that out!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

I spent some time awhile back messing around with making a video tutorial and I'm pretty sure that if someone had taken a video of me attempting to make a video tutorial it would be pretty hilarious. Camera falling off/over, accidental cussing, spraying mist the wrong way and then laughing like a hyena. I'm gonna keep working on it. ;)

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Oh I would be ashamed of my fingeails!! I have a nasty habit of chewing them. Oh it would look atrocious close up!

My DH made me something hanging from the roof that I put my camera on (I will take a pic one day.. ).. that is what I use.. but I have only made 4 videos (3are on youtube) and I found that I do not like to speek.. also because somethimes my kids playing, music and so get into the background..

I use windows movie maker… easy to use I think

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Linda, (a)I love to hear you speak and (b)your videos are awesome!!!!

I need a video camera!! Ya all remember The Nanny….well my voice could pass for her sisters!! I am so nasal. Oui!!!

Krissy
                            Krissy
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

Lisa you sound like me, I hate my voice when I hear it and just think I'm so glad I can't hear myself and I feel sorry for everyone else who has to hear it. Most likely why I've never done a video before, lol. I did find my video camera the other day and my small tripod but now I have to find the cord so that I can download it onto my computer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.