Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Viva inka gold

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I bought some inka gold today, and its rock solid. Is there any way I can make it usable again?
      I know on the tutorial it says to store a baby wipe in the top, but I want to use it NOW!! ;D

Snagg1
        Send PM

I have one that's dry and I wet my finger and then use it to smoosh. Seems to work.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I use a water brush with mine sometimes and that works.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks girls, I have now put a baby wipe in so hopefully that helps, I'll def be trying your tricks as well

I asked about this last weekend when I was donig a make-n-take with the wonderful gal who owns/runs Splash of Color, as I have a couple who have done this as well. She replied that they went to Germany about a year and a half ago and reworked the formula for Inka Gol. The old stuff does harden, and she recommends putting an UNSCENTED baby wipe in the container to (hopefully) soften it back up. The new version won't have that problem. She showed me one she has been using all year at various events, and it's still soft like butter.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Ugh- FYI, ladies- don't put tap water in the Inka Gold. I put a couple of drops in one of my pots and when I opened it up a couple of weeks later, there was MOLD. Ew.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Ugh- FYI, ladies- don't put tap water in the Inka Gold. I put a couple of drops in one of my pots and when I opened it up a couple of weeks later, there was MOLD. Ew.

Oh no. I think I did water last time too. I need to check. Thanks for the tip

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Serious! Crap. That's what I use. I guess I'd better check 🙁

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Ive been using a mini-mister and then putting the lid back on and I have had no mold issues but only a misting. I've also done the baby wipe trick but eventually it dries out as well. Glad they changed the formula.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I remember seeing something on Lindy's SG ?blog? or somewhere about an issue with problems with one of the dauber tops and mold.
                      They offered to send out replacements and advised everyone to use distilled or filtered water rather than tap.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.