Home Forums Scrap Chat Scrap Room ORGANIZATION! WALL ORGANIZERS

This topic contains 36 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

WALL ORGANIZERS—December, 2012

One fantastic way to help organize small cluttery items is to get them up off of your shelf/table altogether! An organizational wall unit like this one that we picked up from Michael’s is a great, inexpensive way to get your scrappy goodies up and out of the way, while keeping everything completely visible and within reach! Not to mention the fact that they can be a great décor piece for your scrappy space!

Swirlydoos

Wall organizers come in many shapes, sizes, styles and brands. We'll explore more of the available options in this thread, but more than just viewing the few options that WE were able to come up with, we invite you to please share YOUR ideas on wall organization too. We want to see what some of you have done with various organizational systems that can go up on your scrap room wall!

TargetThis piece is a bathroom cabinet that you can pick up at Target for about $110.00. This would be very cute hung up on the scrap room wall, but the cost may be prohibitive for many of us.

width=300

This cute little wall organizer is a medicine cabinet purchased from Walmart for around $40.00. Donna from Dat's My Style put this up in her studio to store her piles (and piles) of ink pads. Great idea!

Rachel

I fell in LOVE with this beauty when I found it on Rachel Heasman's blog Stampin Design. When I approached Rachel to inquire as to where she found this treasure, she informed me that it was a custom made for her by a dear friend. What a lucky girl Rachel is!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I am so happy I just bought 2 of them this week. One for my scraproom and one for my daughters room. If I can find one at another Michaels I am buying one. LOL

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Do they come in any other color or can you paint them? I'm not a huge fan of white. Otherwise they look great.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Do they come in any other color or can you paint them? I'm not a huge fan of white. Otherwise they look great.

They only come in white. But it looks like you can paint them. My scraproom/office is a mod podge of fuiture (colors) right now. So when I determine if I am moving or not, I change my room to one solid color.

But for my daughters room I prefer white. She is so into characters I keep her wall painted white now.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

So many great ideas! Thanks Krissy!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Here's my contribution…

I use magazine holders nailed to the wall to hold plastic templates, foam mats, and my trimmer.

[img:width=480&height=640]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325533716_531_FT133111_img_1499.jpg[/img]

I nailed a shoe organizer to the wall on the other side of the closet for punch storage…

[img:width=480&height=640]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325533782_531_FT133111_img_1500.jpg[/img]

I used a pantry organizer from Bed, Bath & Beyond http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=113346&RN=205& for my wood mounted & LaBlanche stamps. One tip, if you want to paint an item like this make sure you purchase a speciality spray paint made specifically for plastic or you will run into problems.

[img:width=480&height=640]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325533969_531_FT133111_img_1497.jpg[/img]
                [img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325533969_531_FT133111_img_1487_.jpg[/img]

Finally, I took a metal dog pen that I had and took off a few panels and spray painted it and mounted this on the wall. I used to use it for embellishment storage, but now I use it for layouts.

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325534137_531_FT133111_img_1501_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325534137_531_FT133111_img_1232_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=480&height=640]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325534234_531_FT133111_img_1498-1.jpg[/img]

Oh no Amber..your getting us started again! haha!
                You are so creative, your ideas rock!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

WOW! Amber, those are some AWESOME wall storage ideas! I love the dog pen! lol

Krissy, wonderful ideas! All of them..I've got the itch again! To run into my scrap room and start organizing kind of itch!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

ahhhh if i only had the wall space

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Oh no Amber..your getting us started again! haha!
                      You are so creative, your ideas rock!

Oh I know, I'm like the little gnat that never goes away! At least I go back to work tomorrow so I will have less time to drive everyone crazy ;)

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Since I have such short walls (knee walls), I need to find really nice shelves. I found one I like at Ikea but it is out of stock. Grr.

All really great ideas!

Oh Krissy I absolutely love all those cute cabinets. esp the badroom one…lol
                        I so NEED a scraproom. One of the girls simply has to move out!
                        I'm still crafting on our kitchen table. Need to clean up every dinner time. It sucks!

Amber… I love what you did with the pannels. I also love the magazine holders. They would also go easily on the inside-door of a cabinet/closet.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

What fantastic ideas!!!! I need to organize my scrappy stuffs…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.