Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Prayer Requests We need to put our dog down today

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

He is really sick (especially the last 3 days and suffering) and hubby is bringing him to the vet tonight. We have told the kids he has a doctor's appointment and needs to stay at the animal hospital over the weekend (while we are going to be away) because he is just too sick for anyone else to take care of him. We will tell them on Monday that he passed while we were gone. I just can't bear the thought of one of them finding him or him suffering any longer. On top of being sick, having severe dementia and being in pain… he has fallen down the stairs several times in the past few weeks and knocked himself unconscious twice that I know of and injured himself.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

So sorry Vicky.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh, Vicky I am so sorry. At least he won't be suffering anymore{{{{HUGS}}}

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Aw, Vicky, this is one of the hardest things that we pet-lovers have to do, but it is also an act of great love. Just a thought though, maybe you should wa your kids that this might happen and let them be able to cuddle their dog and say their last goodbyes. That can be very important. When I had to put our little dog down that had been my daughter's faithful companion all her life, she was away at school. So I phoned her to let her know and she insisted I place the phone by the dog's head so that she could talk to her and tell her how much she loved her. Saying goodbye is really important no matter what age we are.

So sorry, Vicky! We had to do this to our 12 year old dog last year! I was so glad we got to stay with her and pet her the whole time. She had gotten so bad so fast, it was good to see her looking so peaceful.

🙁 (hugs)

Aw, Vicky, this is one of the hardest things that we pet-lovers have to do, but it is also an act of great love. Just a thought though, maybe you should wa your kids that this might happen and let them be able to cuddle their dog and say their last goodbyes. That can be very important. When I had to put our little dog down that had been my daughter's faithful companion all her life, she was away at school. So I phoned her to let her know and she insisted I place the phone by the dog's head so that she could talk to her and tell her how much she loved her. Saying goodbye is really important no matter what age we are.

We all say goodbye very night in case he doesn't wake up the next moing. We have been preparing soooo HARD it hurts! Thanks so much for the nice comments ladies! He has been with me for almost half of my life. Hubby and I have been together almost 18 years, the dog is 17 now and I am 38. We had to put his dog brother (not related) down 3 years ago almost to the day and that dog was 16. I don't think I can ever do this to myself again.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

My heart is so sad for you and your family. (((Hugs to you all.))

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh my Vicky. That's terrible. To have to watch him suffer like that…oh my. I'm so sorry honey. He's so much better off though…

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I know how you feel Vicky…When I lost Felix (my avatar) last August it was very sudden and unexpected and we didn't have a chance to say good bye.
                I still haven't gotten over it

So sorry Vicky!!!! But you are so doing him a favor. I see to many people just let them die on their own and they suffer so much. I am watching a 16 year old yellow lab suffer cuz some one is so selfish and can't let him go. Thank you for having such a kind heart and putting your furry friend first!!!

I'm so so sorry Vicky!!!! my heart goes out to you all!

I'm so sorry for you guys!!!! HUGS!

I'm sorry.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

So Sorry Vicky, It hurts so bad, I had to do the same with one of my dogs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.