Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Weather

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I am originally from Idaho but left in 1986 because I was sick of winter. Now I live in the panhandle of Florida. A couple of weeks ago that huge storm hit us. Here is a picture of my back porch. I kid you not, they closed schools, shut down govement offices, and told everybody to stay home, because of this. Puh-leese. Thought all of you who get real winter might get a laugh out of these horrendous icicles.
    [img:width=500&height=375]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1392339192_2757_FT0_january_2014_023a.jpg[/img]

Oh my looks like you got more than I did a few weeks ago when Houston shut down, teeheehee.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Sue, ROTF!!!!!!!!

I guess we Northeers do giggle and snicker when we see what we consider a yawn-worthy amount of snow can do in the South.
      But then I read about all of the destruction (and this storm has caused some deaths) and I realize that we're talking about areas with little in the way of salt and plows, those things that allow us to do the yawning.

Still, I love your photo and I'm expecting you to scrap it and the story behind it!!!!

Oh, and I want to mention: I am SO sick of winter!!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Not sure what you got , but I do know that the south tends to get ice which is a lot different from driving in snow. Both are slippery, but ice is dangerous. I grew up in Michigan and now live in Va. One year ice hit so bad here that trees were actually breaking in half. I mean they were snapping in half. I swear I was running from one end of the house to the other scared to death that one was coming down on us. Never did I have that happen when I grew up in Mich. It's a whole different ballgame.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Ice is horrible. Now this is really funny, in Fairbanks, AK when it was really cold, like -40F and then it would warm up to say -20, the roads would sweat and be icy. Very strange.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

In south Florida, the swamps bu, sometimes for days. Who would think a swamp could bu?

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

In south Florida, the swamps bu, sometimes for days. Who would think a swamp could bu?

Wow that is weird Sue, I would never have thought that could happen. Here in BC, Canada unless your more towards central BC or further north like Prince George, Kitimat etc our winters are pretty mild. This year unfortunately we have hardly had any rain which is not a good thing because we don't have a good snow pack on the mountains which means not enough water for the spring melt down which is not a good thing. Luckily it started raining here a lot yesterday and tonight so the mountains are getting a good lot of snow, which is fine by me because here at sea level we're just getting rain!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.