Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Excellent Books What are you reading right now?

This topic contains 167 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    RAE
    Swirly Moderator
      Send PM

I just finished up the book I was reading. I’m ready for something new and GOOD! What are you reading? Any recommendations?

RAE
      RAE
      Swirly Moderator
        Send PM

Just posting here so this topic shows up on the sidebar.

talkis
        talkis
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I read After I like it wow of Anna todd

Andiepants04
          Andiepants04
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I just started Scarlett. It’s the sequel to Gone With the Wind. This is my second time reading it because it’s THAT good, and I LOVE that story.

I’ve really been into trashy romance novels lately. I read some really heavy books and I needed something mindless. They are just fun ya know?

I really enjoy historical fiction. The Winter King is an historical fiction about Arthur and is awesome. My Enemy the Queen by Victoria Holt is also another of my favs. I’ve read it 3 times now.

"I'm so crafty I make people."

RAE
            RAE
            Swirly Moderator
              Send PM

LOL! I read books more than once all of the time. My boys are named after characters in books, and I usually read those every couple of years.

Sherrenae
              Sherrenae
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I need to read 2 more books to complete my Goodreads reading challenge for the year. For book club we are going to read Bubba and the 12 Deadly Days of Christmas. Not sure what it is about other than a ‘light’ funny murder mystery. Have yet to pick my last book, not sure what I am in the mood for.

Rae, what are the titles of the books you got your sons names from?

RAE
                RAE
                Swirly Moderator
                  Send PM

I’ll take a look at all these. 🙂

Sherri,

Owen is named after the character in “A Prayer for Owen Meany” by John Irving.

Elijah is double named after literary characters! Elijah from Moby Dick, and his middle name, Llewelyn, from No Country for Old Men.

Audra, the girl child, is just a form of my favorite actress’ name, Audrey Hepburn. 🙂

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Rae, I love that story!!!!

Right now, I’m staring at Stephen King’s Finders Keepers, a follow-up on Mr. Mercedes. Somehow, I’m just not in the mood to read; I’ve been (finally!) watching Boardwalk Empire, all five seasons. I should be finished this week and then, we’ll see; I think I’ll be ready for a good book!!!

Yes, I love to re-read my favorite books, too. And another quirk: if it’s worth re-reading, I need to own the physical book rather than the Kindle edition. Does anyone else feel that way?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by droopidog droopidog.
                    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by droopidog droopidog.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Merrihew
                    Merrihew
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Rae, I loved reading how you chose you children’s names!

Right now, I am reading “Hope to Die” by James Patterson. It’s going pretty fast.

Kimberly
                      Kimberly
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I finished Hope to Die a couple months ago. I can’t wait get Cross Justice, Murder House, and 15th Affair. I read a lot of James Patterson books. I just finished Your Next Breath, by Iris Johansen. It was not my favorite book by this author. I am getting ready to start The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.

droopidog
                        droopidog
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Right now, I’m staring at Stephen King’s Finders Keepers, a follow-up on Mr. Mercedes. Somehow, I’m just not in the mood to read; I’ve been (finally!) watching Boardwalk Empire, all five seasons. I should be finished this week and then, we’ll see; I think I’ll be ready for a good book!!!

Yes, I love to re-read my favorite books, too. And another quirk: if it’s worth re-reading, I need to own the physical book rather than the Kindle edition. Does anyone else feel that way?

Oh Peggy, pick up Finders Keepers. I finished it already. It was very good.

Kim
                          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
                          http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

droopidog
                          droopidog
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

I am reading The Ancestors by LA Banks, Tananarive Due and Brandon Massey. It’s a collection of stories.

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Bec
                            Bec
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I always say I’m going to read before bed to help with my insomnia, by I always end up playing on my iPad.
                              Great suggestions here, I love crime or thriller books.
                              What are the best crime books at the moment?

Peggy
                              Peggy
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-431975″ style=”display: none;”>m4gnj</span>Quote

Oh Peggy, pick up Finders Keepers. I finished it already. It was very good.

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-431997″ style=”display: none;”>droopidog</span>Quote

Yes, Mr. Mercedes was excellent and I’ve rarely not liked a Stephen King book. I just need to get in the mood to read, I guess. Once I start, I know that I’ll read it pretty quickly.

Bec, actually Finders Keepers is a crime thriller.
                                Have you ever read anything by Dennis Lehane? He’s very good.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

droopidog
                                droopidog
                                Swirly Admin
                                  Send PM

Bec, I also love John Sanford for crime thrillers. He writes the prey novels. I’ve read them all.

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.