Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff What do you use?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I have not been good about taking care of my skin (hate the feeling of sunscreen and moisturizer) but it is time to start! I'm getting close to 40 and not liking the wrinkles that are starting to appear so… I have been doing a TON of research for the past few months on the quest for the perfect beauty products (that won't break the bank) and surprisingly I have found time and time again that the most recommended (by dermatologists) are these 4 brands below. They recommend these ABOVE the expensive brands! Hmmm, so it IS a huge marketing ploy after all and more expensive creams doesn't equal better.

CeraVe (all good – especially for acne prone skin)
    Neutrogena (the healthy skin line and rapid wrinkle repair)
    Oil of Olay (the regenerist line)
    Boots #7 (all good)

Then, I chatted with a very well-informed cosmetologist lady last week at my local Shoppers drug store to get her opinion (without her knowing I have been researching) and she recommended in this order:

1. Biotherm (what she and her daughters use)
    2. Boots #7 (what most people like)
    3. Oil of Olay (if on a budget)

Do any of you use any of these? Any preferences? Boots is on sale here starting tomorrow at Shoppers and think I am gonna give it a try (serum and moisturizer). I have used Neutrogena cleansers since in my teens and think I will continue with that. It is the only decent thing I have done for my face other than RARELY wearing foundation (hate the feeling of anything on my skin).

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I use Oil of Olay Regenerist and I like it. It's not a heavy moisturizer and absorbs nicely. The one with sunscreen in it is very good, My face didn't bu at all on our cruise, but other parts of me sure did. LOL. I'm not much of a makeup wearer, but I've always had dry skin and needed a moisturizer, so have used it all my life. I make sure it has sunscreen in it now after a go-round with skin cancer on my leg when I was in my 40's – don't want the same thing to happen on my face!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I have not been the best at taking care of my skin either, until I bought the clarasonic Mia 2. My skin absorbs better when I use it. I use Estee Lauder Resilience lift and the Advanced Night repair, but only because I am always getting those in gifts when I buy something. I will not buy these as they are rather pricy, but I like them. My mom uses these also. I think if I am without these, I will use oil of olay.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I always wear makeup, and the brands I wear have SPF in them. I have terribly oily skin, so my primary reason for buying any makeup or moisturizer is what it can do to eliminate or absorb oil. I do like the oil of olay stuff, but I love the Boots foundation- I bet their moisturizer is great.

Snagg1
            Send PM

I have never been big on taking care of my skin, though in the past 2 years I use Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty line. Not religiously, I don't put night cream on just the day and eye creams. I'm just lazy. Figure with the big 50 coming in October I need to keep this skin supple 🙂 A friend of the family always used Ponds cold cream and nothing else, do they still make that?

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I swear by the regenerist line. It is fantastic. Right now I'm using the moisturizer and spot fader all in one. I have developed sun spots on my forehead and have also taken to wearing a hat in the sun.

Best of luck. let us know what works

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I use the Boots No#7 as it is one of the few products that actually does work.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Unfortunately I use the neutrogenia Anti-Wrinkle,Anti-Blemish cream.Really,at 47 I think God should pick one or the other

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Lol Tracey! Look at it this way, just say your in your late teens ;)

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I want that Mia 2 scrubber.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Unfortunately I use the neutrogenia Anti-Wrinkle,Anti-Blemish cream.Really,at 47 I think God should pick one or the other

I use that sometimes too. I can never find a moisturizer I'm completely happy with unless it's expensive! LOL!

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

DHC

So far I like the felling of the Boots… still too early to really tell since it's only the first week. But for fun, I think once these run out in a few months I will try the Olay just to compare.

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

So far I like the felling of the Boots… still too early to really tell since it's only the first week. But for fun, I think once these run out in a few months I will try the Olay just to compare.

I'm one of those people that have always hated putting stuff on my face, for years all I ever washed my face with was Noxzema and I love the Boots No7 because it feels so light!

Snagg1
                              Send PM

Dermologica everything but I've gotten too much sun over the years even with sunblock….damn those vacation beaches!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.